Hilton Honors Diamond Status

Hey guys,

Does anyone have much knowledge about this?

To achieve this status, you must have 30 stays, 60 nights or 120,000 Honors Base Points.

My question is, if went there and stayed for 60 straight nights (theoretically), would I qualify or would that just count as 1 stay instead of 60 nights?

Meaning, (theoretically), I would have to go from 1 hilton to the other hilton hotel for 60 straight nights, to hit that 60 night qualifying factor.

If you have much knowledge of this, hit me up.

• Plus1 1

ALL ABOUT DIAMOND
30 stays, 60 nights or 120,000 Hilton Honors Base Points
ACHIEVING STATUS

To achieve or retain Hilton Honors Diamond status, you need to earn either:
(1) 30 stays in a calendar year, or
(2) 60 nights in a calendar year, or
(3) 120,000 Hilton Honors Base Points in a calendar year

Link

5 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Link

Right, I’m more wondering about my specific question, because I’ve had times where it only counted 1 night when it was 3 consecutive nights. So it counted it as a “stay”

I have a pretty good understanding of all the info on their site, just looking for more of a conversation with someone who maybe has it or has a strong sense of how they calculate stuff. I have IHG Spire Elite.

Edited by ScottyIce
Just now, ScottyIce said:

Right, I’m more wondering about my specific question, because I’ve had times where it only counted 1 night when it was 3 consecutive nights. So it counted it as a “stay”

Which was answered in what I posted.  If you stay for three straight nights, it counts as one stay and three nights.  You have to get to 30 stays or 60 nights.  It counts toward both metrics so you just have to get to one or the other (or points).

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

Marriott rewards >>>> any other program out there. Especially with the pairings with SPG and Ritz Carlton. Its not even really close anymore.

I disagree whole-heartedly. IHG Spire Elite is the best per dollar. Not even close.

Are you saying Marriot because of the quality of hotel chains? Or dollar value

14 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

I disagree whole-heartedly. IHG Spire Elite is the best per dollar. Not even close.

Are you saying Marriot because of the quality of hotel chains? Or dollar value

Quality of the chains. Never had a bad experience, even at the "lower end" Fairfield Inn & Courtyards. Always clean, nice, and they just remodeled the Courtyard chains. Have had very bad experiences with other lower end brands of other chains.

21 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Quality of the chains. Never had a bad experience, even at the "lower end" Fairfield Inn & Courtyards. Always clean, nice, and they just remodeled the Courtyard chains. Have had very bad experiences with other lower end brands of other chains.

I can’t argue that part. HIE in the Midwest is very solid though in the Midwest.

next question @mavric

So the card I’m upgrading to allows a free weekend room after you spend 15000 on the card in a calendar year.

would that calendar year start from when you got it or from January 1?

47 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

I can’t argue that part. HIE in the Midwest is very solid though in the Midwest.

next question @mavric

So the card I’m upgrading to allows a free weekend room after you spend 15000 on the card in a calendar year.

one more thing about Marriott-

The Marriott CC is like $89 annual fee and gives you automatic silver status plus one night free on any night of the week on an annual basis at a tier 1-5 hotel. Plus the signup bonus is usually around $80k-100k marriott points. Love them.

5 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

one more thing about Marriott-

The Marriott CC is like $89 annual fee and gives you automatic silver status plus one night free on any night of the week on an annual basis at a tier 1-5 hotel. Plus the signup bonus is usually around $80k-100k marriott points. Love them.

I don’t hate Marriott, perhaps someday I’ll give them a look. I’m in a situation where I want to be able to get points to be able to stay free at Embassy and Hilton’s gardens DT Lincoln on game weekends though.

18 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

next question @mavric

That part I don't really know, although if it says calendar year that's what I'd go with.  Doesn't sound like that much of a deal though.  Even at $200 on $15000 that's only 1.3% which is about what you get back from a lot of credit cards (Discover, etc).

On your earlier question, I am a HHonors member.  We stay at Hamptons a lot.  They are always very clean and usually well updated plus they aren't that expensive.  We also go for an Embassy from time to time depending on the situation.  Haven't stayed at many of their other brands.