OK, where is Damian Jackson???

14 hours ago, runningblind said:

Is a Rudy type impact too much to ask?

1o6wg6.gif

I hate Rudy. Terrible movie. 

14 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

I wouldn't think that people would expect instant contribution, however, i personally thought maybe he could single-handedly infuse some leadership and toughness into the team.

Somewhat, but usually the best teams have the best players as the leaders. 

On 1/18/2018 at 4:35 PM, Moiraine said:

He recorded no stats in 2017.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211597942

He had never played football in his life before walking on, and we know nothing about his athletic ability. It's possible to have great measurables for football but not be good at football. If he didn't play it's because he wasn't good enough. Maybe he will be before he graduates.

tenor.gif?itemid=4920592

Edited by HIHusker

Utmost respect for the young man. Being a Seal takes athletic ability, maybe more so than some football players.  His problem is the fact that he has never played the game and I think that will hold him back some.  But his attitude, dedication and motivation will be hard to match for any of the other players.  His life depended on the things he did, not 6 points or a tackle for a loss.   Confidence and courage runs thru his body.  He will make every effort, no question. 

I also remember him being on the field this year and was actually surprised to see him out there.  But with Coach Frost's attitude about life and Nebraska football, I am betting he will see the field and we will know exactly who he is by the time he graduates.  

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:09 PM, ScottyIce said:

He was a walk-on True Frosh. He is still on the team. Anymore brain busters?

Oh GREAT...! Thanks for your response.  Didn't realize that this was fuggin' JEOPARDY!  I'll just shut up now, or have ALL my questions reviewed and approved by YOU in the future Adolph...

• Plus1 2

I would suggest a movie called "The lone survivor" on FOX Movies to begin to comprehend what a Navy Seal is.  Based on a true story about Operation Red Wing.  These things go on quite often.  We never hear about them, and most really do not seek out attention.   True warriors that defend our freedom's every day of their lives.

A different breed than the regular military member.

Life for some is not a box of chocolates.  

He is a man among boys, no question.

On 1/19/2018 at 7:24 PM, Dilly Dilly said:

I wouldn't think that people would expect instant contribution, however, i personally thought maybe he could single-handedly infuse some leadership and toughness into the team.

I think a lot of people had similar expectations as you.

I'm a firm believer that football teams take on the culture and identity of their leader(s). It's great if you can have players pick up the accountability and culture, but, it has to be set from the people in charge. I don't think one or even a couple of guys were going to be able to break through some of the cultural deficiencies we experienced under the previous staff. That should (hopefully) change moving forward.