Tyjon Lindsey

5 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Yep, that's my thoughts exactly. You have a receiver like Stanley Morgan Jr. that's a down the field threat and then Lindsey and J.D. that are homerun hitters if they get a seam based on their speed. I like where our wide receivers are at right now. With Gebbia or Martinez at the helm.............this offense could be insane if we get our RB situation figured out and our O-line just does the basics and blocks like they should. 

Exactly - Stanley will stretch out the field and open up areas for Lindsey and JD.  I think Bell looked pretty decent as a RB in the spring game.  We've yet to see what incoming freshman

Washington can/will do in that position as well.  If he can play at the college level as he did in HS, we'll be set at both RB and WR/Slot. 

As you note - the key is the OL. 

• Plus1 1

On 4/22/2018 at 6:51 AM, teachercd said:

Under Riley he would be running 15 yard outs all day...to the wide side of the field.  

Thats being generous.  I don’t know how many time I saw him line up tight and be in charge of blocking a OLB on a patented Langsdorf run up the centers butt play.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Thats being generous.  I don’t know how many time I saw him line up tight and be in charge of blocking a OLB on a patented Langsdorf run up the centers butt play.

One time we ran the play action off of it though and Lindsay was wide open.  Unfortunately the play was unsuccessful, like many things in the Riley tenure 

27 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

One time we ran the play action off of it though and Lindsay was wide open.  Unfortunately the play was unsuccessful, like many things in the Riley tenure 

The Nebraska media guys would say that Lindsey should have been running deep patterns down the middle of the field twice a game last year. It might have been done just a handful of times all year in 2017. I think it was the Northwestern game where Lindsey broke free behind the secondary and Lee missed him on the pass. Quite a synopsis of the Riley era. 

• Plus1 1