PSU??? MSU?????

Tired of seeing this quote:

Mr. Fitzgerald, in a letter to Mr. Schuette’s office, said, “The evidence will show that no M.S.U. official believed that Nassar committed sexual abuse prior to newspaper reports in the summer of 2016.”

Those demands came after The Detroit News reported on Thursday that multiple M.S.U. officials, including trainers and assistant coaches, had been told of inappropriate behavior by Dr. Nassar over two decades, and that Dr. Simon was informed in 2014 that an unnamed sports doctor was under a Title IX investigation. Dr. Nassar was cleared after the inquiry.

The university had confirmed that Michigan State’s police department received a report about Dr. Nassar in May 2014, according to a university web page about the case. The report was forwarded to the Ingham County prosecutor’s office, which did not file charges.

Boyce was one of the first women to drop her Jane Doe pseudonym and speak publicly about the abuse she suffered and what she did to stop it. 

"I told somebody," she said on Friday. "I told an adult. I told Michigan State University back in 1997."

I wonder if, during the 2014 investigation, anyone thought to mention what Boyce said in 1997. I'm guessing not. MSU was also told by another victim in 2000.

Edited by Moiraine

MSU’s (and USAG’s) leadership needs to be cleaned out. And everyone who was told something about Nassar and did nothing needs to spend years behind bars.

The MSU board gave their president a vote of confidence yesterday for gods sake.

Its too bad this story isn’t getting more national play because the idiots in DC are sucking all the media coverage.

Edited by Red Five

There are few places that live in their own little world than college campuses.  

Nasser needs to be ____________.  Anyone at MSU that knew about it and ignored it needs to be ___________.  

I wish that Aly Raismen would have said the same exact thing in her speech yesterday.  I wish she would have ended with either

"Larry, I wish you were being __________" or "Larry, I can't wait to read about what happens to you in prison, over and over and over"

Edited by teachercd
PCing
4 hours ago, teachercd said:

There are few places that live in their own little world than college campuses.  

Nasser needs to be executed.  Anyone at MSU that knew about it and ignored it needs to be executed.  

I wish that Aly Raismen would have said the same exact thing in her speech yesterday.  I wish she would have ended with either

"Larry, I wish you were being executed" or "Larry, I can't wait to read about what happens to you in prison, over and over and over"

I got banned for a month for saying something similar about another "person" in another thread several months ago.  And when I made that comment, the banning was almost instantaneous.  So... ????  Not trying to pick a fight or be rude, just pointing it out.  

1 minute ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I got banned for a month for saying something similar about another "person" in another thread several months ago.  And when I made that comment, the banning was almost instantaneous.  So... ????  Not trying to pick a fight or be rude, just pointing it out.  

Were you talking about another huskerboard member or a pedophile?

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

Were you talking about another huskerboard member or a pedophile?

It was someone in government.  And who it was really isn't the issue.  The issue is, as I see it, vocalizing on a public message board that someone should be murdered is either within or against this forum's rules of conduct.  To punish one and give another a pass for doing almost the same thing is wrong.  And if it's about context, or nuance, then that means it is okay to say stuff like that depending on who you're talking about.  And if it's about who you're talking about, then that becomes way too subjective.  Then you get into which Mod or Admin reads the post, what their feeling is towards the poster, and that determines what actions they take--which can lead to accusations of favoritism.

I am NOT saying the poster in question should be banned.  I'm merely asking why does one person get punished, and another person gets a pass?  It's the inconsistency that bothers me more than the comment itself.

5 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

It was someone in government.  And who it was really isn't the issue.  The issue is, as I see it, vocalizing on a public message board that someone should be murdered is either within or against this forum's rules of conduct.  To punish one and give another a pass for doing almost the same thing is wrong.  And if it's about context, or nuance, then that means it is okay to say stuff like that depending on who you're talking about.  And if it's about who you're talking about, then that becomes way too subjective.  Then you get into which Mod or Admin reads the post, what their feeling is towards the poster, and that determines what actions they take--which can lead to accusations of favoritism.

I am NOT saying the poster in question should be banned.  I'm merely asking why does one person get punished, and another person gets a pass?  It's the inconsistency that bothers me more than the comment itself.

It's not subjective at all.  One is a federal crime.  The other is talking about the punishment for a sex offender.

You can try to spin it however you want.  It's not going to work.

12 minutes ago, Mavric said:

It's not subjective at all.  One is a federal crime.  The other is talking about the punishment for a sex offender.

You can try to spin it however you want.  It's not going to work.

Not "spinning" anything.  

Late Add: Isn't it an actual crime to make a threat on someone's life, regardless?

Anyway, thanks for the clarification.  I'm out.

Edited by Making Chimichangas

54 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Not "spinning" anything.  

Late Add: Isn't it an actual crime to make a threat on someone's life, regardless?

Anyway, thanks for the clarification.  I'm out.

If executed was the word used, it's not really a threat on a life in the same sense as saying you want to murder him. While not explicitly used in court, execution generally refers to legally killing someone who has done something horrendous like blowing up kids hospitals, serial killing, molestation of young children. I don't think Teach said he plans to kill Vassar. I think that Teach believes what Vassar did is nonredeemable and the legal system should see fit that he can never do anything like that again in the most permanent way possible.

1 hour ago, Army_Allen said:

If executed was the word used, it's not really a threat on a life in the same sense as saying you want to murder him. While not explicitly used in court, execution generally refers to legally killing someone who has done something horrendous like blowing up kids hospitals, serial killing, molestation of young children. I don't think Teach said he plans to kill Vassar. I think that Teach believes what Vassar did is nonredeemable and the legal system should see fit that he can never do anything like that again in the most permanent way possible.

Yeppers!