Duval's conditioning starts Monday. UCF players share.

5 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

I'm all in on the new Frost regime, but I'm also still a bit bitten by the last many years.    This all sounds good, but let me see our team dominate in the 4th quarter and I'll believe.

Well said - something for everyone to keep in perspective. Winning the off season is great (every team will tell you they've done this), beating out Wisconsin for a couple of big recruits is huge and the marketing surrounding Frost is superb.

But, winning in the fall is ultimately what matters. Frost understands this better than just about anyone, though.

Maybe someone could point me to where I am wrong but haven't we heard these exact same lines for previous strength coaches and workouts Nebraska has had and brought in? I know we have done the Navy Seal stuff multiple times and I know we had a huge thread about how pumped everyone was for Philipp to come in and change the strength culture.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, HuskerFanatic1 said:

Maybe someone could point me to where I am wrong but haven't we heard these exact same lines for previous strength coaches and workouts Nebraska has had and brought in? I know we have done the Navy Seal stuff multiple times and I know we had a huge thread about how pumped everyone was for Philipp to come in and change the strength culture.

You aren't wrong in that the statements from the S&C staffs are generally the same when a new coach is hired.

I think people are hopeful in Duval for 2 reasons:  Frost needs the team to be fast and in shape for his style of play, and Frost will hold the players more accountable than they were with Riley (and maybe even Bo and Callahan).

1 hour ago, JoshSker said:

Lamar Jackson.

1 hour ago, HuskerNBigD said:

Color me surprised.

He said his legs were so sore that he was thankful for a snow day.  Goodness fellas.  I know he didn't play as well as u wanted him too but at least his legs are sore from training and he is wanting to get better.  

• Plus1 5