Duval's conditioning starts Monday. UCF players share.

What I don't get is why conditioning now? Even spring ball is a few months away, let alone the actual season.

Conditioning adaptations come on fast and leave fast, relative to strength. Why not use this time to focus on getting stronger and bring on conditioning closer to when it's needed?

3 minutes ago, DaveH said:

What I don't get is why conditioning now? Even spring ball is a few months away, let alone the actual season.

Conditioning adaptations come on fast and leave fast, relative to strength. Why not use this time to focus on getting stronger and bring on conditioning closer to when it's needed?

The way I understood it (from Duval's tweet), they come in three times a day. If that's the case, you can't lift that many times in day.

4 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

The way I understood it (from Duval's tweet), they come in three times a day. If that's the case, you can't lift that many times in day.

True.

I guess if you're going to do that I'd hope that they're at least lifting first. 

6 hours ago, HuskerFanatic1 said:

Maybe someone could point me to where I am wrong but haven't we heard these exact same lines for previous strength coaches and workouts Nebraska has had and brought in? I know we have done the Navy Seal stuff multiple times and I know we had a huge thread about how pumped everyone was for Philipp to come in and change the strength culture.

6 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

You aren't wrong in that the statements from the S&C staffs are generally the same when a new coach is hired.

I think people are hopeful in Duval for 2 reasons:  Frost needs the team to be fast and in shape for his style of play, and Frost will hold the players more accountable than they were with Riley (and maybe even Bo and Callahan).

Yeah, it has been a hot topic around here through all the recent regime changes but there is another very good reason to actually listen and believe it this time.  This staff staff has done it before and proven that it works. We haven’t had a proven track record like that to rely upon in a long time. I don’t blame anyone that wants to see the results on fall Saturdays before getting too giddy but I’ve got no doubt we will be seeing it soon. Maybe I’m a sucker but I can’t even fathom equating the stories we are hearing now to anything that has occurred through the last 3 or 4 staff changes. It’s different and real this time, I promise.

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, JoshSker said:

Yeah, it was more of a joke than anything else.  

He's become much more vocal on twitter after the new coaching staff arrived.  Self motivation stuff mostly.  

Probably because he was promised a spot on the field as a freshman, and without question has been the worst starter on the team.  Now he knows that starting spot could be gone because daddy Mike is gone. 

9 hours ago, DaveH said:

I'm assuming by your post you're probably knowledgeable, but I'm still gonna say... I trust a guy who won an award this year for top S&C coach.

• Plus1 1
19 hours ago, grandpasknee said:

I'm all in on the new Frost regime, but I'm also still a bit bitten by the last many years.    This all sounds good, but let me see our team dominate in the 4th quarter and I'll believe.

I understand your sentiment, but just relax and enjoy the moment! If it doesnt work out then you will have enjoyed all the hype fanfare at least.  The hard work is for the team, not for us.