Duval's conditioning starts Monday. UCF players share.

On 3/22/2018 at 8:10 AM, Enhance said:

@GBRFAN Speaking of budgets...

LINK

I wonder what the economic impact of the Frost hire is for NU and Lincoln?

I know I read that Barry's gets around 5,000 people in their bar on a game day.  I would imagine that the spring game will get them around that number this year and regular season games might get them more or because of how packed it gets other bars will get the spillover.  

I read that clothing sales were up, I think it said 22% at one shop.

19 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I wonder what the economic impact of the Frost hire is for NU and Lincoln?

I know I read that Barry's gets around 5,000 people in their bar on a game day.  I would imagine that the spring game will get them around that number this year and regular season games might get them more or because of how packed it gets other bars will get the spillover.  

I read that clothing sales were up, I think it said 22% at one shop.

HOL did a writeup on it last week.  It's a lot.

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

HOL did a writeup on it last week.  It's a lot.

Yeah, that is one of the articles I read!

The other one was about how Barry's got in trouble for serving (over-serving) fans on game day...they said they get over 5,000 people in on game day!  5 dollars per person too.

11 minutes ago, Huskerzoo said:

While I think that Duval is probably spinning it the right way, that second quote is completely wrong. 

You are right. David Goggins, former Navy SEAL talks about how the mind is a weak instrument and that the body is capable of much more than the mind believes.

“He would say that when your mind is telling you you’re done, you’re really only 40 percent done. And he had a motto: If it doesn’t suck we don’t do it. And that was his way of forcing us to get uncomfortable to figure out what our baseline was and what our comfort level was and just turning it upside-down.”

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, that is one of the articles I read!

The other one was about how Barry's got in trouble for serving (over-serving) fans on game day...they said they get over 5,000 people in on game day!  5 dollars per person too.

Yea since they've had so many violations in the last few years the city / state is thinking of pulling their liquor license.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, RavHuskr said:

Yea since they've had so many violations in the last few years the city / state is thinking of pulling their liquor license.

Shoot, just imagine how many violations the city has missed!

Picture it...Spring Game 2016 me and my friends head to Barry's the doorman is a former student of mine possibly 20 years old or so.  Popular kid with lots of friends...up on the rooftop I see more former students, all under 21...all drinking.

With that said, every tailgate has more than a few underage drinkers!

Edited by teachercd

4 minutes ago, RavHuskr said:

Hey RavHusker,  Are those Bluejay colors in your avi?  Welcome to HB!  :) 

44 minutes ago, Mike Mcdee said:

You are right. David Goggins, former Navy SEAL talks about how the mind is a weak instrument and that the body is capable of much more than the mind believes.

“He would say that when your mind is telling you you’re done, you’re really only 40 percent done. And he had a motto: If it doesn’t suck we don’t do it. And that was his way of forcing us to get uncomfortable to figure out what our baseline was and what our comfort level was and just turning it upside-down.”

I think in a sense that is what he meant. The body will always be able to do what the mind tells it to do (to a degree) the part you need to train is the mind to keep going when your body "feels" tired. The body will keep going and do what is asked of it if the mind simply asks. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Huskerzoo said:

While I think that Duval is probably spinning it the right way, that second quote is completely wrong. 

I could be reading into it too much or reading it wrong but to me, I think he's probably saying that in the sense that it doesn't matter if you are always in the right position and know the playbook like the back of your hand, if you're too tired or not strong enough, it's not going to matter.

45 minutes ago, Mike Mcdee said:

I guess I read it as that's exactly what he's saying.  Maybe it's not worded exactly right.  But I thought he was saying the same thing from the other point of view.

If you let your mind listen to your body and quit when you think you can't do any more, you're shorting yourself.  You have to make your mind tell your body to keep going.

• Plus1 5