NCAA to Investigate Michigan State/Nassar

Mavric

Not sure if anyone has been following this, but it's looking pretty bad. Coaches and the administration seemed to ignore the warnings and reports. I don't understand how people can let that happen. This is not going to end well for MSU.

As terrible as the whole thing is, this really is out of the NCAAs jurisdiction IMO.  Kinda like how they threw the book at Penn St, then relented and gave back schollys when the lawsuits starting coming.

The people at MSU that turned a blind eye to this need to be punished to the full extent of the law (or worse), but taking away scholarships from non-revenue sports and banning those sports for post-season play is not solving any problems.

The NCAA is never consistent with its penalties. It's has terrible enforcement. Since this was gymnastics I suspect there will not be any punishment for the major programs other than scholarship reductions. No post season bans or anything. But with the NCAA who knows. 

The NCAA absolutely should get involved in this. They shouldn't allow programs to keep getting away with this s#!t, or be part of their association. Punishing them if they're guilty and actually following through on the punishment would help in preventing at least some of it from happening at other places.

The athletes will be fine. They can go to one of hundreds of other schools out there. Stop worrying about them when this s#!t happens. They will be fine. MSU isn't the only school with women's athletics. It's not even the only school in Michigan. And Penn State isn't the only school with football.

Unfortunately the NCAA is stupid. They're right to get involved but their response will be wrong, just like it was for Penn State.

Edited by Moiraine

I just read a statement from one of the victims. This guy was sick. 150+ girls. Allowed to continue abuse for another year. MSU tried to brush it aside.  It makes me ill. MSU complains about not getting any respect. They lost mine for good.