Nebrasetball Game #23: @ Rutgers (Wednesday, January 24- 6pm- BTN)

What will the result of the game be?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result of the game be?

• Nebraska win by single digits
    • Nebraska win by double digits
    • Rutgers win by single digits
    • Rutgers win by double digits

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/26/2018 at 12:09 AM

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Didn't know that...wow

I like the guy, I think he was a real under the radar hire but I think he will do decent things for them.  

yup. It's pretty impressive watching him build what is a traditional pile of garbage into a legit program. He just got a nice extension to stay in Piscataway too. 

But we should probably wrap this conversation up. I was told that it takes over 6 years to build a program that hasn't normally been good into at least an average basketball team. Maybe if we just give Miles another 10 years we can catch up to where Rutgers will be in 2 years.

• Plus1 2

Just now, seaofred92 said:

yup. It's pretty impressive watching him build what is a traditional pile of garbage into a legit program. He just got a nice extension to stay in Piscataway too. 

But we should probably wrap this conversation up. I was told that it takes over 6 years to build a program that hasn't normally been good into at least an average basketball team. Maybe if we just give Miles another 10 years we can catch up to where Rutgers will be in 2 years.

Ha!  Zing!

1 hour ago, seaofred92 said:

very very solid hire. They are clearly trending in the right direction. Recruiting well and winning games they shouldn't win. Their program clearly is on the rise, unlike Nebraska who has no identity and no idea what they want to do but are blindly defended by homers because they sell out the arena and had a fluke 20 point win vs Michigan

Before this year I'd probably completely agree with you, but this season Nebraska has been more in touch with a real identity then any other in recent memory. The influx of talent helps, but there is no questioning the marked improvement this year from last. This is the first year in awhile where I can actually get a sense for what they want to do on both sides off the court. It's not where it needs to be yet (especially out of a timeout), Nebraska still plays down to their competition too much, but it's obviously better.

I'm not a Miles apologist, but I'd be okay with him getting another year if Nebraska gets to 20 wins and makes the NIT.

14 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Rutgers 2pt fav now 

I jumped the gun at Neb -1 because I thought it would rise.  Frankly, the reality is if we lose the dance chance is over, and Miles should be on the hot seat.  Too much fricken talent and a weak B1G to be average.  We have literally everything to compete consistently for a big dance bid now.  

Rutgers is better than past years and they have themselves a good coach.... That being said, shut down Corey Sanders and we should be able to win. Deshawn Freeman and Geo Baker both average double digits, so they have other options but in there two B1G wins Sanders has scored 23 and 18.

They did beat Seton Hall but outside of that no big wins.

I hate the term must win, but this is it. You had your one bad loss against Penn State and now you have to win on road...

Gotta box out Freeman and not allow easy put-backs.

2 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Rutgers is better than past years and they have themselves a good coach.... That being said, shut down Corey Sanders and we should be able to win. Deshawn Freeman and Geo Baker both average double digits, so they have other options but in there two B1G wins Sanders has scored 23 and 18.

I hate the term must win, but this is it. You had your one bad loss against Penn State and now you have to win on road...

Who will guard Sanders, that is my question.  

Watson can't stay in front of him, no chance.

You can't put that Turner guy on him

I know there is a Roby love fest going on and people think he can guard 5 spots...but that cat won't last 4 minutes on Sanders.

With that said, I still don't see Rutgers winning this game.  

1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

lmfao don't hold your breath on that

34 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

We are coming off an emotional loss at Ohio State where only one player came ready to play to a game less than 48 hours later on the road where we are 1-6 this season. I am less than optimistic that our head coach can rally the troops and get a W here.

I am pretty confident we have a few leaders that will take this game over.

Nebraska by 7 but game doesnt feel that close. 

Big game from Watson and.... Jordy.

https://theathletic.com/220400/2018/01/24/wednesdays-winners-my-picks-ats-for-marquette-xavier-louisville-miami-and-more/

Nebraska (-1) at Rutgers, 7 p.m., Big Ten Network. Nebraska had a great chance to steal a win at Ohio State on Monday – on the heels of a big win over Michigan – but couldn’t close it out. The Huskers are going to play out the season on a knife’s edge trying to get to the NCAA tournament. They have to know a loss here would be a serious blow to their chances. The pick: Nebraska.