Help choosing a college...UNL or CSU?

On 5/23/2018 at 1:33 AM, Comfortably Numb said:

Well the cash hemorrhage to UNL has started so I guess it's official. She found a roommate (a girl from Omaha) via some online Facebook group or something a few weeks ago and they finally got to pick their room yesterday. She'll be in Schramm. Bought her football and volleyball tickets today and going for new student orientation next Wednesday. One more day of school left and graduation is Saturday.

I've got to brag just a little bit. She thinks it's possible she may move ahead of the other girl for first in her class with a 4.489 GPA. She is lamenting the first semester of AP Chemistry that kept her from having a 4.51. Crazy thing is, it was only her and that other girl in that class and they took it self study without an actual class period. They'd just go meet with the teacher every once in awhile (while taking 4 other AP classes). I could've never done that with a good result.  Hope she can keep it up for 3 or 4 more years.

Very cool. Congratulations!

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

It is weird how Greek life is totally different for girls and guys.  The girls stuff is so strict and formal!

Do the guys have a formal night? I went to UNL when I was 29 so... ok who am I kidding there is no way I would have ever been in a sorority.

Anyway, I just remember every August there would be dozens of girls walking down 16/17th street in fancy dresses and I don’t recall ever seeing the dudes do that (dresses or fancy suits).

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Do the guys have a formal night? I went to UNL when I was 29 so... ok who am I kidding there is no way I would have ever been in a sorority.

Anyway, I just remember every August there would be dozens of girls walking down 16/17th street in fancy dresses and I don’t recall ever seeing the dudes do that (dresses or fancy suits).

At our frat we had formal dinner almost every Monday night. But we didn't make a big show of it and weren't out walking in packs like the girls do. We would just dress up and usually had a guest speaker or something. The only one I really remember was Husker Bob came  to formal dinner and talked to us. I think he spent quite a bit of time with our house mom :B)  I guess once in awhile we would go as a group and serenade some sorority. I don't remember why...think it was usually if we had an upcoming joint party with them....or maybe we were just trying to score :lol:

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Yeah, on Monday we had formal dinner.  But formal rush is really different for the girls.