Biggest movies you've never seen

On 1/30/2018 at 8:30 AM, Cdog923 said:

I really want to see Blade Runner 2049, but have been using "never saw Blade Runner" as an excuse to hold off. Is the first one necessary for the second? I roughly know what happens. 

I just watched both Blade Runners this past weekend. I’d seen the original multiple times but wanted a refresher before watching 2049. Yes, I’m going to say it is absolutely required to view the original first. The whole plot and story of the sequel is strongly related, to the point I would think somebody would have to wonder what the heck was going on without it. They are both slow paced (but excellent) so back to back can make it seem like quite the marathon.

• Plus1 1

I am surprised at some of the movies listed that people have not watched. Some of these would almost be worth a sick day from work to cross off the list. Must view ASAP IMO;

Alien

Aliens

The Dark Knight

Jaws

The Exorcist

Django Unchained (has one of the funniest scenes I’ve ever seen in a movie)

The entire Harry Potter series (a family favorite)

Rocky and Rocky II, can skip the rest.

The Matrix trilogy

Animal House (is somewhat dated now but a classic imo)

Of course there are many more must view movies but, of those previously mentioned, these are critical.

1 hour ago, Comfortably Numb said:

I am surprised at some of the movies listed that people have not watched. Some of these would almost be worth a sick day from work to cross off the list. Must view ASAP IMO;

Alien

Aliens

The Dark Knight

Jaws

The Exorcist

Django Unchained (has one of the funniest scenes I’ve ever seen in a movie)

The entire Harry Potter series (a family favorite)

Rocky and Rocky II, can skip the rest.

The Matrix trilogy

Animal House (is somewhat dated now but a classic imo)

Of course there are many more must view movies but, of those previously mentioned, these are critical.

My opinion, if you're into Rocky II then you should watch III and IV. The series should have only been one movie - but I feel the sequels to II are in the same league.

However, no one should ever watch Rocky V. Rocky Balboa (Rocky VI) is a decent film though, and serves as a great replacement for Rocky V.

20 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

! I have seen that one! I actually did a double with that and Heartbreak Ridge this weekend.

High Plains Drifter is easily in my all time top 5. Another one would be Bridge On the River Kwai. I'd have to think about it pretty hard to come up with the other 3.

14 hours ago, mrandyk said:

My opinion, if you're into Rocky II then you should watch III and IV. The series should have only been one movie - but I feel the sequels to II are in the same league.

However, no one should ever watch Rocky V. Rocky Balboa (Rocky VI) is a decent film though, and serves as a great replacement for Rocky V.

I agree that Rocky Balboa is worth watching. Sly's obvious facial "work" is a little distracting but it's a good flick.

On 2/2/2018 at 7:24 PM, Moiraine said:

I don't know a whole lot about music terms but I have only heard ONE song in Russian that was in a major key, and I've heard lots of Russian songs. They seem to only be able to make sad sounding music.

Yea, most of the time.  I spent all day long via YouTube listening Russian singers (women).  Usually those singers possess bi-languages; native Russia and English languages.  I heard difficult to mix Russia language and music tunes.  Easy way to do it, English language.

Edited by Hooked on Huskers