OT Bobby Lawrence [Missouri - Signed LOI]

Mavric

4 hours ago, Horace said:

I like his film. This is the kind of lineman that Wisconsin has turned into an All-American. He obviously has watched the movie "Blindside" a few times. 

I do too, though it doesn't appear the competition is very good.  He has the size and appears to have the mentality to be a good lineman.  There are some issues with his fundamentals that he gets away with in H.S. that will need to be fixed (gets pretty narrow with his base for example) but if Frost & Co. believe he's worthy of an offer rather than handing out a one-year scholarship to a walk-on and going after someone for a full cycle next year, then that's fine by me.  Time will tell.

Edited by HS_Coach_C

2 hours ago, desertshox said:

and you can do just that. just as soon as you become a head coach at the collegiate level.

My bad man. I thought this was a message board where everyone talked about their thoughts and ideas. I'll be sure to sign up for the "non college coach" message board next time.

• Plus1 9
4 minutes ago, WVhuskerXX said:

My bad man. I thought this was a message board where everyone talked about their thoughts and ideas. I'll be sure to sign up for the "non college coach" message board next time.

I don't think a JuCo would be a terrible idea next cycle, this kid seems like a solid project prospect. Just not sure if we need a project at this point. Don't get much better of a frame though. 

Because my opinion was asked, we will accept your thoughts even though somehow you posted without coaching credentials. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, spurs1990 said:

I don't think a JuCo would be a terrible idea next cycle, this kid seems like a solid project prospect. Just not sure if we need a project at this point. Don't get much better of a frame though. 

Because my opinion was asked, we will accept your thoughts even though somehow you posted without coaching credentials. 

:thumbs haha

4 hours ago, spurs1990 said:

Coaches or not, I’m seeing a lot of strain in this discussion.  Can you guys see the strain?

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to OT Bobby Lawrence [Missouri - Signed LOI]