Groomsman gift ideas

I was in a wedding more than 10 years ago, and the groom got all of us hooded sweatshirts from our respective schools. I thought it was an odd departure from traditional wedding gifts at the time, but I still wear that Husker sweatshirt frequently throughout the year, whereas I'm sure I would never use an engraved flask or money clip or any of those other traditional wedding party items.

Give the gift of Husker gear!

16 minutes ago, Ulty said:

I was in a wedding more than 10 years ago, and the groom got all of us hooded sweatshirts from our respective schools. I thought it was an odd departure from traditional wedding gifts at the time, but I still wear that Husker sweatshirt frequently throughout the year, whereas I'm sure I would never use an engraved flask or money clip or any of those other traditional wedding party items.

Give the gift of Husker gear!

I was in one where my buddy got us all T-shirts with the date of the wedding on the front and our nickname on the back.  That was 10-12 years ago and I still have it.  I thought it was a cool idea.

11 hours ago, Enhance said:

Two things:

First, @Huskerzoo, what did you end up settling on? I ended up getting all of my guys these personalized beer steins (they actually loved them because I asked them all to send me a ridiculous photo of themselves that they wouldn't mind somewhat immortalized).

il_570xN.1393322314_ijht.jpg?version=0

Also, I can't believe OP joined Huskerboard only to ask about groomsmen gifts. :lol:

Nice! I ended up getting personalized decanters for them. I wanted something practical that they might actually use.

I'm hoping they turned out well, but I don't get to see them until right before the wedding because I had them shipped to Lincoln. 

I'm assuming you had your wedding then? Congrats! 

57 minutes ago, Huskerzoo said:

Nice! I ended up getting personalized decanters for them. I wanted something practical that they might actually use.

I'm hoping they turned out well, but I don't get to see them until right before the wedding because I had them shipped to Lincoln.

Great choice! A personalized decanter was the other option I compared against the steins before landing on the steins. Unfortunately, one of the guy's names ended up being misspelled even though I caught it ahead of time and asked the makers to change it. They're sending me a new one but it won't arrive until later this month.

I'm assuming you had your wedding then? Congrats!

We did and thank you! It was back on June 30 in Omaha and it was everything I could hope for. The rain held off until the end of the day and our bridal party got preposterously drunk. :D