RB Maurice Washington [Nebraska-Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

73 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Washington Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 08:30 PM

Sam McKewon was on The Bottom Line with Severe earlier this week and he compared Washington to a slightly smaller Lawrence Phillips.  His comment was based on Washington has such an impressive blend of speed, power, and wiggle.  LP was the best RB I have ever seen at NU, so if he's close to that, then I would love Washington at NU.  I saw that Washington wore #1 in high school, so if he wants #1 at NU, I say give it to him!!!

EDIT:  One of my favorite stories about Lawrence Phillips is that he asked Tom Osborne (during an in-home visit) who wears #1 at Nebraska.  Without missing a beat, Osborne said "You will".

Edited by ColoradoHusk
  • Plus1 1

37 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

If you're looking for a tangible comparison to skill set and utilization, Wayne Gallman is it. 

I can see the gallman comparison.  I think this kid will be special.  Great burst, elusive in open field, and runs through contact well for a smaller back.  Also can catches the ball great for a back.  Could probably play wr too

10 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

I can see the gallman comparison.  I think this kid will be special.  Great burst, elusive in open field, and runs through contact well for a smaller back.  Also can catches the ball great for a back.  Could probably play wr too

Reminds me of Darren McFadden too

He reminds me a LOT of this one kid I watched this season.. He was a beast of a running back from someplace in Texas. I think it was Trinity Catholic or something.. Their line wasn't anything special but he made kids miss in the backfield and has gazelle-like breakaway speed.. The guy I'm thinking of also played really well in the Under Armour All American game too.

Maurice Washington! That was the guy. Hope we can get him to silent commit this weekend

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

He reminds me a LOT of this one kid I watched this season.. He was a beast of a running back from someplace in Texas. I think it was Trinity Catholic or something.. Their line wasn't anything special but he made kids miss in the backfield and has gazelle-like breakaway speed.. The guy I'm thinking of also played really well in the Under Armour All American game too.

Maurice Washington! That was the guy. Hope we can get him to silent commit this weekend

Never heard of him.

• Plus1 1

On 1/23/2018 at 7:33 PM, Vince R. said:

He doesn't translate well as a running back into college. He has good size but nothing exceptional. He doesn't get skinny in the hole and his pad level is bad. On top of that, he lacks a burst and isn't shifty. He is a good looking football player who looks suitable for DB or Wr but not as a RB. He doesn't appear to have great vision either and he displays a lot of wasted movement. I've seen these types before and I don't think he translates well. Ill tell you this, I don't believe the staff is sold on him being a RB either. They see a good football player who could play a number of different positions.

I want to reel this back a bit. I have gone through most of his film now and I don't see the first player I initially saw. He is a tremendous football player. I mean that in the purest form. He is a natural. He could play multiple positions and I believe he will be utilized like how Wayne Gallman was at Clemson. A do everything type player on offense. I misevaluated him in the beginning. He actually looks special. It makes sense as to why Nebraska is so relentless to get him. He will play right away wherever he goes. 

3 hours ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

True that!  This kid in Frost's offense will be making a name for himself and people will be comparing recruits to him in the future.  I have read on some message boards that he is preferring to play DB.  I hope that isn't true.

22 hours ago, FearAmeer said:

I just got finished watching this gem of a documentary about this kid... he's going to be special and do I dare say I want to land him more then I wanted bookie and moore combined? 

Here it is I recommend watching this documentary and then following it up by watching his highlights below 

Great find!  I'm with you - the want for this guy is super strong.  Crossing fingers his visit goes up to 11.