RB Maurice Washington [Nebraska-Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

73 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Washington Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 08:30 PM

6 hours ago, MichiganDad3 said:

I saw that his standardized test scores are very good, but the risk is the overall GPA because of his junior year. What happens if he does not qualify? Does he redshirt? Do we have to pull the scholarship?

If he does not qualify, he is not admitted into school, and therefore he has no scholarship.

We had two of these last year in Watts and Blades. That was part of the reason I did not see Riley's class as being that great when two of his top signees never even made it to campus.

2 minutes ago, runningblind said:

If he does not qualify, he is not admitted into school, and therefore he has no scholarship.

We had two of these last year in Watts and Blades. That was part of the reason I did not see Riley's class as being that great when two of his top signees never even made it to campus.

Very true on the overall impact on the quality of the class. The one difference here is that they already have a top JUCO RB enrolled so I would argue that losing Washington due to academics would hurt less than losing Blades was. Riley and Co didn’t have a backup plan at CB and the team is still light on CB depth, losing Blades really hurt. The sizzle in this class will drop a bit for sure, but it won’t be crippling like losing Blades was.

3 hours ago, runningblind said:

Are athletes allowed to attend summer school to make up any deficiencies? It would stink to lose Washington. 

5 hours ago, MichiganDad3 said:

Are athletes allowed to attend summer school to make up any deficiencies? It would stink to lose Washington. 

It is all about the requirements to qualify, so after he graduates HS/takes the ACT his qualifications are what they are. If he needed summer school to graduate first then that would come into play.

Frost did not seem concerned.

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2018 at 4:47 PM, runningblind said:

It is all about the requirements to qualify, so after he graduates HS/takes the ACT his qualifications are what they are. If he needed summer school to graduate first then that would come into play.

Frost did not seem concerned.

The ACT score required has to do with you GPA correct?  If you have a high GPA you dont need to score as high on the ACT to get in, and if your GPA is lower then you are required to score higher on the ACT to qualify.  I think taking some summer classes to raise your GPA could have an effect on  your ability to qualify, not  just to graduate.

14 hours ago, swmohusker said:

The ACT score required has to do with you GPA correct?  If you have a high GPA you dont need to score as high on the ACT to get in, and if your GPA is lower then you are required to score higher on the ACT to qualify.  I think taking some summer classes to raise your GPA could have an effect on  your ability to qualify, not  just to graduate.

I did not think they were mutually exclusive, but I last looked at the requirements closely 15 years ago when I was headed to Lincoln. :cheers

Edited by runningblind
  • Plus1 1

50 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I did not think they were mutually exclusive, but I last looked at the requirements closely 15 years ago when I was headed to Lincoln. :cheers

once I hit the minimum requirement for my act I was done taking it.  :wasted

Edited by swmohusker
  • Plus1 2
  • 4 weeks later...