RB Maurice Washington [Nebraska-Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

73 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Washington Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 08:30 PM

11 hours ago, Mavric said:

Listening to S&B this morning, not that they were talking about anybody specifically, but they mentioned Nebraska admissions standards hindered previous coaching staffs.

This staff may be able to use NCAA standards to work on getting recruits admitted. 

36 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

Listening to S&B this morning, not that they were talking about anybody specifically, but they mentioned Nebraska admissions standards hindered previous coaching staffs.

This staff may be able to use NCAA standards to work on getting recruits admitted. 

Bo got pretty frustrated with trying to deal with the UNL academic team trying to get JUCO kids admitted, and that is why Eichorst recommended that Riley not recruit many JUCO kids.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Is it easier or more difficult to get into Ohio St, Penn St, Michigan, or Wisconsin compared to Nebraska?

I think Ohio State and Penn State are fairly similar to the academic standards of Nebraska, Michigan and Wisconsin would probably be more difficult.  All of them probably relax standards for certain athletes, but there are still minimum requirements.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Every case isn't exactly the same, as most of Pelini's complaints had to do with certain JUCO kids and having their credits transfer to NU.

I can understand a college not accepting certain JUCO classes or credits.  But coaches complaining that the admission standards for HS kids are too high when the teams that are kicking your ass year in and out on and off the field are at or above your schools standards is absurd.

Just now, StPaulHusker said:

I can understand a college not accepting certain JUCO classes or credits.  But coaches complaining that the admission standards for HS kids are too high when the teams that are kicking your ass year in and out on and off the field are at or above your schools standards is absurd.

I don't think we have seen that with recent coaches, have you?

• Plus1 2

16 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I think it would be fair to say those schools are recruiting at a very high level so they have the pick of the litter. So the 4 and 5 star kids they are going after have no academic concerns. We are forced to look at 4 and 5 star kids with academic risks because those are the ones we have a shot with. Because the big boys in recruiting are avoiding them for that reason. Once we get good again, we can then be a little pickier like ohio state.

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Bo got pretty frustrated with trying to deal with the UNL academic team trying to get JUCO kids admitted, and that is why Eichorst recommended that Riley not recruit many JUCO kids.

Thanks. That explains more about lack of JUCOs. I was once under the impression that recruiting, or not recruiting, JUCOs was more of an athletic department decision. Interesting how things appear to have changed since new direction of leadership, and happy they are willing to take on riskier kids. Sounds like they are more committed to winning. 

• Plus1 1