RB Maurice Washington [Nebraska-Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

73 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Washington Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 08:30 PM

3 minutes ago, brophog said:

That's how good he is, a program defining talent. I'm so excited he made it. Coach Held will keep him to a high standard and if that happens with the talent he has, there's no telling how good he can really be. He has a lot of traits a lot of great backs have, but even the great ones often lack his balance. It's very hard to get a clean shot at him, and when it happens defenders bounce off. 

Yeah, watching these solidifies thoughts about how good he is. So glad he made it.

He did have a periscope that said sorry Husker fans, I’m only staying 3 years.... so let’s enjoy them if he’s that good.

15 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

He did have a periscope that said sorry Husker fans, I’m only staying 3 years.... so let’s enjoy them if he’s that good.

If he can do that while investing in the program and himself, great. Otherwise he will learn the harsh reality many other early entrees have.

The NFL wants winners. He needs to go into those draft interviews being able to say he came into Nebraska and helped turn it around and they did xyz while he was there. Ultimately what's good for him is good for Nebraska.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

9 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

That just goes to show that MW was NOT a smart kid.   

That sounds exactly like a Laurence Phillips attitude. Two very talented players, but have no clue how to be good people.

As athletic as MW was, I don't think he would have had the slightest chance against Farmer.  It actually might have been good for MW if Becton hadn't broken it up.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That sounds exactly like a Laurence Phillips attitude. Two very talented players, but have no clue how to be good people.

As athletic as MW was, I don't think he would have had the slightest chance against Farmer.  It actually might have been good for MW if Becton hadn't broken it up.

Farmer would've legitimately killed him.

• Plus1 1

48 minutes ago, Decked said:

Can we get a summary 

Talking about guys not buying in, host mentioned Washington. Farmer could see he was a special talent. Talked to Maurice and it was like “oh no.” Told Coach Austin he didn’t think he was gonna make it. Austin said they needed to surround him with the right guys. Farmer talked to Washington about missing class, etc. Washington said “GTFO of my face.” They almost came to blows, Washington eventually grabbed Farmer by the jersey, ready to punch him. Beckton broke it up.

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, GSG said:

Talking about guys not buying in, host mentioned Washington. Farmer could see he was a special talent. Talked to Maurice and it was like “oh no.” Told Coach Austin he didn’t think he was gonna make it. Austin said they needed to surround him with the right guys. Farmer talked to Washington about missing class, etc. Washington said “GTFO of my face.” They almost came to blows, Washington eventually grabbed Farmer by the jersey, ready to punch him. Beckton broke it up.

Lmao my man would’ve gotten folded like a blanket 

• 1 month later...