James Palmer Jr: B1G POY

This said all B1G but if he keeps this up he could be B1G POY. He is playing at an out of control level right now. NBA caliber level. Whatever Nebraska accomplishes this season its because of James. 

Postgame interview they asked him "6 or 7 days off what do you plan to do?"

Palmer: "Oh I gotta get in the gym. Never stop". 

Love this kid.

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, gobiggergoredder said:

He's having a great year, but pump the brakes man.

its either him Bridges or Bates-Diop. Why not start campaigning? He's playing at a completely different level right now than almost anyone. He's clearly a first team all B1G player. Not going to pump the brakes not even close. 

• Plus1 1

Definitely gets all big ten honors but we would have to win out for him to get in the running for POY honors IMO. We should probably convince him to come back for next year so he can be the front runner for POY.

the way Copeland is playing he might sneak into the 2nd or 3rd all big ten team too, when was the last time two huskers made it in the same year? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2018 at 11:35 PM, passranch said:

Don't forget Issac Haas or Dakota Mathias.  JPJ is good but for now at least he's not POY material.

Why would Mathias even be considered? 12 ppg (tied for 30th in B1G) and uh, 4.4 apg (tied for 6th in B1G). Outside of shooting 46% on threes, he's very middle of the B1G.

I could see Keita Bates-Diop winning it though

Going down a google rabbit hole:

Nebraska has only had 5 1st team all conference players since 1990.  Can you name them?  (I thought we would have had more from our "glory days" under Nee in the 90s)

Spoiler

Eric Paitkowski - 93 & 94

Tyronn Lue - 98

Venson Hamilton - 99

Aleks Maric - 08

Terran  Petteway - 14

Nebraska has only had 2 conference players of the year in their history.  Can you name them?

Spoiler

Andre Smith - 1981

Venson Hamilton - 1999

http://www.huskers.com/pdf9/5314152.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=100

Edited by Red Five
  • Plus1 2
21 hours ago, Red Five said:

Going down a google rabbit hole:

Nebraska has only had 5 1st team all conference players since 1990.  Can you name them?  (I thought we would have had more from our "glory days" under Nee in the 90s)

Reveal hidden contents

Eric Paitkowski - 93 & 94

Tyronn Lue - 98

Venson Hamilton - 99

Aleks Maric - 08

Terran  Petteway - 14

Nebraska has only had 2 conference players of the year in their history.  Can you name them?

Reveal hidden contents

Andre Smith - 1981

Venson Hamilton - 1999

http://www.huskers.com/pdf9/5314152.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=100

Feeling pretty good. I've only loosely followed Husker hoops most of my life, and I was able to get 3 of the 5 in the top list.

Had no Idea on the bottom.

Palmer has been a game changer for the Huskers. The biggest thing with him has been his leadership. He has taken games over when we need him but he also has taken a backseat in a few games when other guys are cruising. My biggest issue with Petteway was even on nights when he was cold he would keep shooting and shooting. We were either going to live or die because of TP... Palmer doesnt seem to have that problem.

I dont think Palmer will win B1G POY, but I also dont think he is that much of a long shot. Bates-Diop will probably win but I think Palmer should finish 3-5. Purdue has a few guys worth discussing but they also have a ton of talent and depth.

I hope JPJ stays one more year after this.