OT Jalan Robinson [Kansas- Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

41 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Robinson Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/08/2018 at 08:06 PM

Robinson was pumping gas on his way to school when Mississippi State reached out with a surprise offer. Only a few hours later, Nebraska running backs coach Ryan Held was texting Free State coach Bob Lisher that he was in the area and wanted to stop by.

Those three and Robinson's basketball coach, Sam Stroh — a Nebraska alum who put a check mark next to "Recruiting for the Big Red" on a tweet Monday — then met with Held to talk about setting up a visit.

Held called back around 9:30 p.m. He had spoken with head coach Scott Frost and offensive line coach Greg Austin. They were offering the tackle a scholarship and wondering when he could come to Lincoln.

"I was on the phone with him and I tried to act cool," Robinson said. "I tried not to sound too excited, but with my mom right next to me we were smiling cheek to cheek and let out a little laugh."

Robinson said he will take an unofficial visit to Nebraska on Wednesday and an official visit to Mississippi State this weekend. After that, he's aiming to decide on a school "a day or two before" signing day.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/recruiting-nebraska-surprises-offensive-tackle-jalan-robinson-with-late-offer/article_6851395e-057e-11e8-9165-5fee4e12bb3d.html

Frost & company saving an OV spot...

• Plus1 2

Footwork is what Robinson points to as his strength while playing tackle and defensive end along with doing wrestling and basketball. He's from a basketball family and his grandfather Matthew "Chic" Downing played a season for the NBA's New York Knicks in 1972-73. Robinson has hoops offers from a D-II school and multiple jucos.

Robinson — unrated by every recruiting service — said relationships with coaches and school atmosphere will be important as he makes his final evaluations. His family is mostly Kansas fans, and he said his mother wants him to choose Nebraska to be closer to home.

"These offers really came from nowhere," Robinson said. "I think I really hurt myself not going to any camps over the summer. The last couple weeks I've just been getting more attention every day and it's building up."

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/recruiting-nebraska-surprises-offensive-tackle-jalan-robinson-with-late-offer/article_6851395e-057e-11e8-9165-5fee4e12bb3d.html

• Plus1 1