Lindsey and Owen Hospitalized

More than likely, these 2 men over-exerted themselves to make a first good impression.  They probably pushed themselves to a limit where they appeared exhausted and symptoms showed up after they left workouts.  These coaches and trainers are well versed and if they had ANY inkling of what was happening, I am sure they would have stepped in.  1 case is too many.  Probably a scenario where the coaches are now doing a better job of communicating to athletes to push themselves, yes, but to also take proper precautions moving forward.

It is like a concussion.  As a coach, I can't fix what I don't know.  If an athlete takes a shot that isn't obviously forceful, yet begin feeling the symptoms of a concussion, I can't take the proper measures.  The athletes need to be encouraged to be able to come to coaches about medical conditions without feeling as if they are being "weak".  On the flip side, in some cases the symptoms have delayed onset.

This is a bad situation and I hope and pray that these two guys recover fully and are able to live like nothing happened.  I am not sure people need to be quick at pointing fingers.

• Plus1 9

The thing here is that the idea that these guys could get even remotely *close* to rhabdo suggests that the programming is inappropriate. How many players did not technically have rhabdo, but were close?

These kids are hand picked athletes, so as usual their natural ability will cover up the BS that is prescribed to them.

Sure, I get it when some CrossFit hero at your local box gets rhabdo because his dime store coach doesn't know what he's doing. But we pay these guys a TON of money. We should expect better and so should their parents. 

• Plus1 6