Nebrasketball Game #26- @ Minnesota (Tuesday, February 6- 8pm- BTN)

What Will The Game Result Be?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What Will The Game Result Be?

• Nebraska Single Digit Win
    • Nebraska Double Digit Win
    • Minnesota Single Digit Win
    • Minnesota Double Digit Win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 02:10 AM

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/recap?gameId=400986537

Nebraska will have the rest of the week off from game action before playing at Minnesota on Feb. 6.

Does anyone know why we have a random week off in the middle of the season? Seems like it would've been easier to spread out our last 4 games a little more if we aren't playing for another week, no?

Edited by seaofred92
  • Plus1 1

Just now, seaofred92 said:

Does anyone know why we have a random week off in the middle of the season? Seems like it would've been easier to spread out our last 4 games a little more if we aren't playing for another week, no?

Maryland had something similar before they played MSU this past weekend. I think they had 8 days off while MSU played at home Friday and at Maryland on Sunday. Wonky scheduling for sure

35 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

I think the reason has something to do with ending the season a week earlier for the tournament at MSG, but I thought that's why we played MSU/MIN before Xmas. 

The B1G scheduling algorithm needs a rework for sure.  No excuse for 4 in 8, then 8 days off.  And only 3 weekend games in the 6 weeks between 1/6 and 2/10.

Edited by Red Five
6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I am debating going.  If it was a 7pm tip I would go for sure and take the kid, but 8pm gets pretty late.

Maybe I'll email UNL ticket office telling them I am donor and try to get one of those sweet seats behind the bench.

you should. My mom is a former volleyball player and we went to the game @ Clemson last year. She called the ticket office and let them know we wanted to attend and they left us seats in the friends and family section right behind the NU bench. Sat like 4 rows from the court and had a nice long chat with Isaiah Roby's family who drove in from VA

3 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

Not sure this year.  During a normal B1G schedule each team will have two byes.  One will be a mid-week bye and the other will be a weekend bye.  For example a team will play on Sunday and then not until the next Saturday giving them 6 days between games and then have a week where they play on Thursday and then not until Tuesday.  Maybe with the condensed schedule both of our bye weeks are back to back so we get 8 days off.

The B1G needs to coordinate with the ACC and play in the Barclays Center when the ACC is not there when they want to be in NYC instead of Chicago, Indy or DC.  I get that MSG is more prestigious, but it is never going to be available during the second week of "Championship Week" because the Big East has a long term contract.  Barclays will be available because the ACC moves their tournament around like most major conferences.

1 minute ago, ECisGod said:

The B1G needs to coordinate with the ACC and play in the Barclays Center when the ACC is not there when they want to be in NYC instead of Chicago, Indy or DC.  I get that MSG is more prestigious, but it is never going to be available during the second week of "Championship Week" because the Big East has a long term contract.  Barclays will be available because the ACC moves their tournament around like most major conferences.

This is a pipe dream, but if the B1G is willing to hold a tournament in NYC (the far eastern edge of the footprint), we should get one in Omaha (at the far western edge of the footprint) too.

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

This is a pipe dream, but if the B1G is willing to hold a tournament in NYC (the far eastern edge of the footprint), we should get one in Omaha (at the far western edge of the footprint) too.

I agree that Omaha would be a great location for the B1G tournament.  They have said they want a "rotation" with Chicago & Indy as the main sites.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/one-and-one/2014/06/05/big-ten-basketball-tournament-keeps-chicago-indianapolis-rotation

I'd like to see an 8 year rotation of Omaha, Minneapolis, NYC & DC once each and Chicago & Indy twice each.  Unfortunately I don't have Jim Delany on speed dial.

Just now, Blackshirts007 said:

Is Coffey playing tonight?  I know he was out for some time with a shoulder injury.  He came back a few games ago, but then was out again their last game vs Michigan.  

Not sure.  Last several games it has been a "game time decision", so we probably won't know until late.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/020518aac.html

- The Cornhuskers are seeking their first victory at Williams Arena as a member of the Big Ten. Their last win at the Barn came in a non-conference bout, 77-60, on Dec. 29, 2003.

- After a week in which he set new career scoring highs in back-to-back games, Guard Isaiah Washington was tabbed as the Big Ten Freshman of the Week on Feb. 5.

- Washington averaged 20.5 points per game at Iowa and Michigan. In Iowa City, Washington scored 15 points along with seven assists, one rebound and a steal in 25 minutes of action. Four days later, the 6-1 guard exploded for a game-high 26 points on 11-of-16 shooting (68.8 percent), adding six rebounds and three assists in 32 minutes of play.

• Plus1 1
47 minutes ago, Mavric said:

» Miles said some players were sick during the downtime, but all are available for Tuesday. Starting point guard Glynn Watson and scout team guard Malcolm Laws missed some practice time with the flu.

» Nebraska is 58th in NCAA RPI and 61st in kenpom.comrankings. Minnesota is 117th and 90th.

» One more victory would guarantee Nebraska at least a .500 record in conference play. That has happened only twice since 2000 (2008-09, 2013-14).

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/less-than-a-year-after-program-s-worst-home-loss/article_381c5730-6e86-5bdb-854b-32c49e2c67ba.html

• Plus1 1