SOTUS - Trump's first - will it be his last

SOTUS Poll Questions  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Living in America, I lose sight of what's normal. Is patriotism a priority for leaders in any other developed nation? I use the qualifier "developed" because North Korea instantly comes to mind.

I'm done here. Only turned it on because I noticed it was live. There is exactly as much substance as I expected.

29 minutes ago, mrandyk said:

Living in America, I lose sight of what's normal. Is patriotism a priority for leaders in any other developed nation? I use the qualifier "developed" because North Korea instantly comes to mind.

I'm done here. Only turned it on because I noticed it was live. There is exactly as much substance as I expected.

The State of the Union address has always creeped me out, with all of the clapping. I thought it was childish even as a kid how one side would clap everything the president said and the other would just sit there.

• Plus1 2

Remember the time that guy yelled "You LIE!" at Obama. Boy, that was something.

Anyway, didn't listen to a lick of this deal, but I see Trump is busy spreading misinformation about immigrants again. The scapegoating of the immigrant looking to come to America is truly one of the saddest aspects of the Trump presidency. I didn't realize how fully the GOP would buy in to his hardline rhetoric.

Remember, Trump & people like him (looking at you, Scott Walker...) cannot pass their agendas unless they cloak them in massive ignorance & hope people don't notice while they sneak them by.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, NM11046 said:

Hmmmmmmm, Melanie chose not to ride w/him over ... another first for first couple on this night.  

REALLY interested to see how she acts.

Also heard the number of Dems boycotting is higher than any time since Nixon.  And the black caucus members have been given the ok to walk out by their leader.  

You stay classy San Diego.

Well, I started this thread, went home and totally forgot about it!!  My wife and I were talking about other things - in the long run, more important anyway.

I did remember it wt about 15 min left so we tuned in at that point.  So I caught the story of the soldier who saved the life of his fellow soldier, the NK dissident and

the mother and father who lost their son to NK abuse before returning him in a coma state -- all were very touching stories and whoever planned those guests knew

what heart strings to pull.   Seeing so little of the speech, I really cannot comment on the specifics.   However, I couldn't imagine listening to him for the full, long 1hr 20 min - 3rd

longest ever SOTUS - that prodding delivery was hard to take - as far as an orator - He is no Ronald Reagan or B. Obama.

Regarding Kennedy's response - good speech, full of passion but that chap stick was a distraction for sure. 

I think he had some good things to say - typical Dem talking points but what else do you expect - too short of

a time to make a game changer speech full of real policy.  But I liked his tone, passion, heart and concern for the broader community.

He does remind me of Robert Kennedy for sure.

I figured he'd get this kind of reaction:

https://www.thewrap.com/democrats-say-joe-kennedy-is-a-star-republicans-say-hes-drooling/

On the one hand, the press/intelligentsia complains that we focus on non-important things and skim over the issues.

On the other hand, the most headlines I've seen about Kennedy's rebuttal were about the chapstick/drool.  It was the same with Marco Rubio and the water. 

I couldn't care less if Rubio drinks from a water bottle.  I don't care if Kennedy drooled. 

As Joe Friday said, "Just the facts, ma'am."

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

On the one hand, the press/intelligentsia complains that we focus on non-important things and skim over the issues.

On the other hand, the most headlines I've seen about Kennedy's rebuttal were about the chapstick/drool.  It was the same with Marco Rubio and the water. 

I couldn't care less if Rubio drinks from a water bottle.  I don't care if Kennedy drooled. 

As Joe Friday said, "Just the facts, ma'am."

Sounds like fox whining about everyone disliking our great president for no reason while just a few years ago they nearly stormed the White House over a tan suit.