Wilbon Among 'Most Elusive" Returning B1G Backs

Mavric

It'll be fascinating to see how the RB shakes out come September. I've never been wowed by Wilbon and I think Nebraska desperately needs to find an elite playmaker back there. Perhaps with a (hopefully) improved line and better coaching he'll have a bigger impact.

1 minute ago, mnhusker said:

So he's 5th in a league with 12 teams and he is not even close to the #1 guy.   That said  our entire team was so poorly utilized and coached I'm in bring me the kool-aide while I wait for the party to start mode.   

14 teams and if you notice 2-3 players on the list weren't even starters(was Wilbon a starter?) so 5th out of 30-40 players isn't bad 

• Plus1 2

I really did think Wilbon was our best runner last year.  Bryant is the more complete back but with the ball in his hands, Wilbon can do things.

Our RB rotation will be interesting to watch this year.  I'm not holding my breath on Bryant but he, Wilbon and Bell is a nice trio to have.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

I really did think Wilbon was our best runner last year.  Bryant is the more complete back but with the ball in his hands, Wilbon can do things.

Our RB rotation will be interesting to watch this year.  I'm not holding my breath on Bryant but he, Wilbon and Bell is a nice trio to have.

Agree. I also feel the running lanes the scheme will produce will benefit him a bit imo. Think Bradley could be a factor too.

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Here's total touches if anyone was wondering:

• Taylor = 307
  • Larkin = 95
  • Evans = 151
  • Knox = 105
  • Jones = 126
  • Wilbon = 109

99.9% on 307 touches would blow my mind if I hadn't watched the games

68 missed tackles on 307 touches is about 20% though that isn't perfect because he could have more than one on any given touch but still pretty remarkable

I haven’t been impressed with our current group of running backs. The problem is that we could have 20-year old clones of Emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders, and Jim Brown on the roster and Riley and Co. would have made them look mediocre through crappy player development, terrible blocking, clueless playcalling, and a general inability to use resources effectively.

We’ll just have to wait and see. 

• Plus1 7
37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I haven’t been impressed with our current group of running backs. The problem is that we could have 20-year old clones of Emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders, and Jim Brown on the roster and Riley and Co. would have made them look mediocre through crappy player development, terrible blocking, clueless playcalling, and a general inability to use resources effectively.

We’ll just have to wait and see. 

Exactly. Any of our recent running backs who ended a season with positive yards are likely ranked high in the elusiveness category. They'd have to be because they sure weren't getting any help from the line or play calling. Pretty sure we'll start to see that problem disappear beginning in September.

• Plus1 2