Chinander Preaches Aggression, Turnovers

Mavric

16 hours ago, teachercd said:

I was a terrible practice player...turns out I was also a terrible player in the games.

Hey, at least you got into the game.  (Ninth grade light weight B team half-time player.  Yes Lincoln East had 4 freshman teams)

Edited by huKSer

3 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Lavonte was so good that there aren't a whole lot of plays that stand out to me over his time at NU (the play you mentioned, and the strip on Braxton are the two for me).... Just a blur of excellence.

After that OSU game, I think Bo said something to the effect of "still not knowing the system".  Not a knock on Bo.  Just an example of sometimes sheer athleticism can cover a multitude of issues.  

Creating turnovers isn't just a pracrice hard thing.  You have to want it, crave it, visualize it all the time, strive for it everytime the ball gets snapped.  Same with sacks.  It has to be soemthing these guys strive for.  We haven't had the mindset to create turnovers in so freaking long, boy I sure miss it.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:07 PM, ColoradoHusk said:

Farley didn’t start in his first game as a Husker, because he was a terrible practice player. But, he returned a fumble for a TD against Okie State and made a ton of other plays, and he was impossible to keep off the field. The only thing that could stop him was himself. 

The one play that pretty much cemented Farley as a starter was when a TE out ran the LB that Farley replaced.  Farley was one of those players that could completely change a game.  I have always believed the Arizona State game in 96' would have turned out completely different had Farley not been suspended. 

6 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

The one play that pretty much cemented Farley as a starter was when a TE out ran the LB that Farley replaced.  Farley was one of those players that could completely change a game.  I have always believed the Arizona State game in 96' would have turned out completely different had Farley not been suspended. 

Ryan Terwilleger was not very fleet of foot.  It was a totally different defense when Farley was in the lineup, he was that much of a difference maker.  NU probably also doesn't look to Texas in the '96 Big 12 Championship game if Farley hadn't gotten his second DUI.  I know there was the flu bug that hit the team, but Tony Veland tried to move down from safety and replace Farley at OLB, but he just couldn't hold up against the run.  Priest Holmes had a big first half, which opened up the play action passes for James Brown. 

4 hours ago, junior4949 said:

Was he suspended for the ASU game?  If you mean the UT game, we are in agreement that it would've been different.

I doubt the ASU game changes much regardless of who was on defense, since we scored 0 points, and gave up 3 safeties.

18 hours ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Was he suspended for the ASU game?  If you mean the UT game, we are in agreement that it would've been different.

I doubt the ASU game changes much regardless of who was on defense, since we scored 0 points, and gave up 3 safeties.

Yes, he was suspended for the ASU game.  Farley was a turnover machine.  The defense can score points as well.