Athlon: Grading CFB Head Coach Hires

Mavric

22 hours ago, Enhance said:

He's probably heavily selling his NFL influence and experience and, if that's of huge importance to a player, they may be willing to buy it. He's also a pretty powerful speaker (he was a keynote at an event I attended once). I'm sure he connects well with parents.

I seem to remember a former Husker coach with similar attributes

1 hour ago, ScottyIce said:

How is this even relative to the topic at hand?

Why are you replying to my post rather than the one I'm quoting?

And it's pretty damn obvious how it's relevant. People are discussing why a player would choose "D-" Herm Edwards over an "A+" coach in Scott Frost. Atbone95 is implying a player would choose Arizona State because they have hot girls. Ergo it might not be because of Herm Edwards but simply the school he's coaching at. I didn't find it that complicated to understand why Atbone brought it up, so I replied.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 4

The perceived quality and accessibility of booty is an undeniable factor in recruiting.

There are some beautiful girls in Nebraska. But there are a lot more someplace like Arizona, and a “9” here is about a “5” there. Throw in that the great weather makes a difference in choices in apparel and we’re kind of screwed on that front. We have 5’s in parkas and snow pants. They have parades of 9’s or better in halter tops and booty shorts. 

• Plus1 7