Frost’s QB Room

2 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

Benning is "calling a shot", but wording it so he can't be wrong. If Bunch somehow ends up our QB, he won't, Benning can puff his chest; however if he ends up 3rd-4th string, he will, Benning can claim all he said was "he fits this O". 

It's the same narrative him and Sharp used with Frost. Pretty everyone wanted/thought Frost would come. Benning and Sharp hitched to the "he's not coming" narrative, fully knowing that if he doesn't come they look like geniuses, but if he does come everyone will be so excited they'll forget their prediction. 

They never said Frost wasn’t coming, that is the narrative people were inferring incorrectly. All they were saying is that it wasn’t as much of a slam dunk as many were saying and frankly, after reading all of the details on the process after the fact they were right. Heck it took a last minute conversation with TO to push Scott over the edge to actually commit and sign the contract. I think Damon and Gary were aware that Scott was interested but not really set on leaving UCF and were trying to make sure their listening audience were aware despite others preaching the opposite.

• Plus1 2

26 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

They never said Frost wasn’t coming, that is the narrative people were inferring incorrectly. All they were saying is that it wasn’t as much of a slam dunk as many were saying and frankly, after reading all of the details on the process after the fact they were right. Heck it took a last minute conversation with TO to push Scott over the edge to actually commit and sign the contract. I think Damon and Gary were aware that Scott was interested but not really set on leaving UCF and were trying to make sure their listening audience were aware despite others preaching the opposite.

Edit: Nvrm, not relevant to the topic. 

I think this is a 3 horse race. Martinez is more filled out physically than I expected. 

Edited by Warrior10

Mechanics and practices are pretty good indicators, but the job is about in-game, in-the-moment leadership. I don't think we'll know anything until we see these guys under real pressure.

The Spring Game isn't exactly real pressure, but from a small sample size and maybe some wishful thinking, it looked like Tristan Gebbia at 18 had better decision making instincts than Patrick O'Brien or Tanner Lee last year. 

13 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

POB declined to talk to the media today.  There is your front runner to not be on the team come fall.

Guessing if everyone was eligible and red shirts were not an option here would be your depth chart this year IMO. 

1. Gebbia

2. Martinez

3. Vedral

4. Bunch

5. POB

Here is what my prediction is for what will actually happen. Martinez redshirt- Vedral has to sit out. 

1. Gebbia

2. Bunch

3. ???? Maybe Martinez as last ditch worst case to burn redshirt.

POB transfers