Frost’s QB Room

1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I believe I understood Frost to point out POB has shown the best arm of them all and he wants Gebbia to gain weight and get stronger.   Gebbia seemed to not know how much he weighs so that might lead one to suspect he has not gained as much weight as some comments have suggested.   Both those are clues that POB might be closer to being 'in the lead' as any of them.

Or it could mean the opposite. When your coach mentions you need to gain more weight so you can take hits better, it might mean everything else is looking good.

Edited by Moiraine

If Frost's past two seasons are any indication, he's not announcing until as late as possible. It's not important in the spring, anyhow, though the perceived bottom of the depth chart may be. Transfers at the position are high for a good reason. 

Summer could be key. The position probably gets more out of summer workouts than any other, and we've seen some benefits of that with past QBs. 

5 hours ago, brophog said:

Summer could be key. The position probably gets more out of summer workouts than any other, and we've seen some benefits of that with past QBs. 

I agree a lot with this.

If the coaches were forced to release a depth chart today, I think that pecking order could be a lot different than the one come game week. There are so many new things going on right now that it's evening out the playing field in some ways. Once spring ball ends, there will be approximately four months of 7v7 play, summer work outs and a month of fall camp. That's a lot of time for players to learn and get better, and perhaps even a lot of time for the best guy coming out of spring to continue to extend his lead.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, PlzCoolerMe said:

What is the likelihood of Noah being ruled eligible?  It seems as though they must have a reason for believing it’s possible.  Any way it has to do with him being a walk on and paying his own way vs scholarship? 

I would have to think it would be very small but there's not harm in trying.

I wouldn't really include Turner on that list, AFAIK he was recruited more as an athlete and saw decent play time at WR. And Darlington, well, you all know his story.