Frost’s QB Room

1 hour ago, Dagerow said:

Anyone else concerned about the lack of depth now?  I am

I'm not concerned from a numbers standpoint right now. I will be concerned if Scott isn't enthused about what they've got coming out of spring practice, but that would be more about the quality of depth.

43 minutes ago, brophog said:

Let's face reality....a team getting down to their 4th QB is pretty much boned. Surviving more than a game or two even with the 3rd QB is very rare.

That might be the case normally, but we've got such a blank slate at QB, we really can't say who the best out of the 3 is at the moment. 

• Plus1 2
14 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

So because he's transferring...his arm suddenly doesn't look amazing (even though Frost said it was) and he forgets how to throw?  How did this not age well again?

As Moiraine's has already pointed out, the part that didn't age well was your predicting that Martinez would redshirt and the guys other than POB can only serve as backups. This implies that you were predicting POB would be the guy this year and Martinez could challenge him next year. 

I don't really care if you were right or wrong but you've been running with this narrative that everyone is out to crap on POB when, in reality, the only thing that's been happening is you've been carrying the POB torch and seem to be pissed that everyone else is willing to let the competition play out and accept whoever emerges on top. So yeah, it didn't age well.

• Plus1 8

4 hours ago, Enhance said:

I'm not concerned from a numbers standpoint right now. I will be concerned if Scott isn't enthused about what they've got coming out of spring practice, but that would be more about the quality of depth.

That’s kind of the point.  We have a  pro style qb who may have issues regarding durability, a true freshman who didn’t play his senior year, and a walk on.  That’s it.  If Gebbia goes down, we could be in a world of hurt.  

This is is not to say that I don’t think they will be good qbs (I’m very high on Gebbia).  But with the limited info we have, most of our opinions are based on a reporter’s take on what a coach said (not the most reliable) or the limited statements of a coach or player.  Quality depth is always important for the most important position on the team.  

Time will tell, however if the number of reps were any indication then losing #4 has little to no effect.   It's possible that all three of these guys are studs and having any one of them go down to injury during the season won't be the end of the world.  My guess is that if the staff doesn't think that 2 of the 3 are really good options then we will see a hard push for a grad transfer.

Both TB and AB have been very vocal about how lucky they are to be here and obviously AM was recruited by this staff to be here.  Just feels like these three are close brothers and the 4th may have been a distant cousin.  Frost has a clear mind about the brotherhood.

Edited by GBRFAN
  • 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Link

Adrian enrolling early will be huge for us down the road. He will still have some rust and freshman mistakes but he had more time to get ready for college life. His running ability will be crucial for us this year as he can use his legs to make plays. Also, if he can prove he can hit deep passes early in the year, defenses will have to respect that aspect as well.