Frost’s QB Room

8 hours ago, Landlord said:

Probably not. Was you asking if it was necessary really necessary? Also probably not! 

Back on topic, if Martinez wins the starting spot, that says a lot about him as a smart/talented kid. We've had plenty of elite talents come in at quarterback - none of them have ever started as a true freshman. That also gives our program a good, stable footing to start off this new era with - that will help with recruiting, that will help in the film room, that will help in pretty much every capacity over the next four years. 

While the bolded is true for the beginning of the season, Frazier was starting as a true freshman less than halfway through the season. 

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not a fan of freshmen starting at QB.  Now, if he's the best option....then go with it.  But, in practice, I would prefer not being in that situation.  If he starts this season, I hope he really is something very very special.

Prediction.....if he starts, our QB recruiting over the next couple years is going to be frustrating.

A freshman will start (really going out on a limb) and our future QB recruiting right now is going great.

QB recruiting these days is not heavily affected by who is on the current roster, top talent is still going to schools with top talent ahead of them. The question is really on if they end up transferring, and if you're landing talent every year that's not a giant issue.

• Plus1 1
On 7/3/2018 at 11:19 PM, Making Chimichangas said:

I have been on record since before the Spring Game that I thought Adrian Martinez would be the starter come fall.  The QBs performances in the spring game only solidified my opinion.  I don't think Gebbia is all that far behind, but honestly, I think the #1 QB spot is AM's to lose.  Put it this way, I don't think AM was promised the starting job, but when Frost said that AM was his #1 QB recruit, and thought he has the best prospect in the country, maybe put 2+2 together...

Disclaimer: If the starter ends up being Gebbia I will flip out and start calling for this staff to be fired!!!!!  Just kidding.  But I will be legit surprised.

Same here.  I think we need to bring that thread back with the poll. :)

On 6/27/2018 at 3:30 PM, Mavric said:

It might depend on if they watched the Spring Game or not.

HuskerBoard has taken (at least) two polls on this.  In the first poll (pre-Spring Game), Gebbia got 62 votes, Martinez got 21 and POB got 16.  However, after the Spring Game, Martinez got 103 votes to Gebbia's 34.

Can we find those 16 people who voted for POB? They might be voted off the island. 

• Plus1 1

The QB room is probably right where this staff wants it, a good strong competition between 2 young QB's.  I doubt that they are able to tell you right now who the starter will be.  TG has been here a year, but he has been in a different system. AM is probably the guy they want to start, but I have a feelng this staff isnt going to rush that.  Unlike staffs that we have had in the past, they will not be married to one QB.  I also believe we could see some double duty.  IMO.  

Unfortunately this looks like a wait and see.  Fall camp is much more important and indicative of things to come than spring football.  

On 7/6/2018 at 11:29 AM, Moiraine said:

Can we please get back to talking about Frost's house? We've covered his QB room but what about his rumpus room? How will he decorate it? Will he hire someone to paint the walls or do it himself?

Is the house hypo-allergetic?

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Can we still not make jokes about allergies to paint?

I'm sure Scott would love it if he found out people were digging into his wife's personal s#!t or the details of his house search. Yes I know you're talking about Riley's wife, but it was always creepy and still is.

2 hours ago, boach_clack said:

Can we find those 16 people who voted for POB? They might be voted off the island. 

No one should be voted off the island except whoever the guy was who got mad at all the people "hating" POB, which happened in his imagination, and then got super defensive about the posts he made about it.

• Plus1 1