Frost’s QB Room

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Not sure I follow.  It's saying that it's not accurate to say he has an edge because he showed up in Spring.  I would agree with that.

But why would that have ever given him an edge when the others showed up before a year before him? Usually when people use the word “edge” they mean over the competition.

I said it was weird, not inaccurate. It didn’t give him an edge but that should be obvious since he’s not competing against QBs who showed up in the summer. Gebbia has been here since January 2017. He should be the one they’re going out of their way to point out doesn’t have the edge. If you have a tie and you want to cool people down using time in the program, it makes more sense to talk about the guy who’s been there 20 months.

It almost seems to me (tinfoil hat time) they’re trying to downplay an actual lead Martinez has right now.

5 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Bunch was my pick before spring game.  Now I believe it will be Martinez.

I also had Bunch and i think it might have been close to a three way tie at the end of spring - my gut says that summer and fall will lead Bunch to third.

On 8/2/2018 at 3:29 PM, Mavric said:

This reminds me of 8 years ago prior to the start of the 2010 season when we kept hearing some of the upper classmen talk about the freaky speed from Taylor Martinez.  I still remember there was a lot of speculation of who would be the starter, and a day or two before opening game someone saw the dry run of the starting player announcements on the big screen and that is when T-Magic's picture was up there.  I don't think Frost will make this a game-time decision but I do think he will go with the freak athlete Martinez.

And just in case we want a reminder of the speed, here is one of my favorite games from T-Magic as a freshman.  

• Plus1 3

Personally, I think where Martinez loses this battle is on the mental side of things. If Gebbia can make better decisions he'll beat out Martinez even with this physical gifts. Reading the defense correctly and putting the ball in the spot that allows the offense to take advantage of defensive mismatches is more important in this offense then athleticism alone. Just my opinion, but I think Gebbia wins on the mental side of it.

• Plus1 5
32 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Personally, I think where Martinez loses this battle is on the mental side of things. If Gebbia can make better decisions he'll beat out Martinez even with this physical gifts. Reading the defense correctly and putting the ball in the spot that allows the offense to take advantage of defensive mismatches is more important in this offense then athleticism alone. Just my opinion, but I think Gebbia wins on the mental side of it.

Did any reporters follow up with asking how Gebbia is doing? Frost commented alot of where Martinez is.