Frost’s QB Room

5 minutes ago, brophog said:

He has said so many times. 

It's why we shouldn't, and the staff isn't, in a hurry to make this choice. At some point, all of the studying and practice will click in for one of these guys. 

I would also take any comments about this with a perspective in mind...Frost knows this offense can be great, even in year 1. They are throwing a lot at the guys, and the standards are extremely high. 

Completely agree. Anything we hear at the moment is just off season fodder. Nothing is set in stone until Frost announces who his guy is. 

https://hailvarsity.com/s/4395/observations-from-nebraska-footballs-open-fall-camp-practice

When the offense walked through plays (walked being used loosely here), there was a noticeable difference in the tempo with Adrian Martinez running the show compared to Tristan Gebbia and Andrew Bunch. Martinez's unit was running through plays at the fastest rate in part because the coaching staff was clapping and yelling and pushing things to move as quickly as possible. In recent weeks, coach Scott Frost has talked about a desire to get Martinez playing faster. That much was evident on the field.

Interesting observation here, Martinez is running the offense at the fastest rate...wonder if this is a sign?

2 minutes ago, theknife said:

Walters and Verduzco made it pretty clear post practice that the competition remains open between the two. No use speculating based on media viewing 25 minutes of 1 practice. 

But Gebbia chose the purple Gatorade and Martinez couldn't decide between the red and blue.

1 hour ago, Stumpy1 said:

Or it could mean that he has been to slow and they are trying to speed him up. 

Right so I would assume that they would be going at about the same pace, but the article said Martinez was running the offense faster than the other two.  If he was too slow, wouldnt they just try to get him up to Gebbia's pace and not faster?

On 8/9/2018 at 9:50 AM, bugeater17 said:

I know Frost has said he will name a starter 1 week before the opener ... but if it really is that close I could see (or wouldn't mind to see) Frost change course a bit and really see him splitting time in the first game and using that in the evaluation as to who will be the starter for week 2 and rest of the season. 

I'm going to toot my own horn here a bit - but I think some of Frost's comments at the presser this morning about both deserving to play if there was a game tomorrow may be setting us up for this scenario where each plays in the first game and after the first game film evaluation a starter for week 2 is named.