Frost’s QB Room

4 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

I'm going to toot my own horn here a bit - but I think some of Frost's comments at the presser this morning about both deserving to play if there was a game tomorrow may be setting us up for this scenario where each plays in the first game and after the first game film evaluation a starter for week 2 is named. 

I think it will still be decided by Akron. At this point I'm thinking Martinez. I liked Gebbia but if they are this close now and Martinez had the better scrimmage today I think that says everything we need to know. I think Gebbia would have had to have pulled ahead a bit at this point. Now if Adrian keeps progressing I don't see him losing this battle.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I think it will still be decided by Akron. At this point I'm thinking Martinez. I liked Gebbia but if they are this close now and Martinez had the better scrimmage today I think that says everything we need to know. I think Gebbia would have had to have pulled ahead a bit at this point. Now if Adrian keeps progressing I don't see him losing this battle.

That’s my logic as well. If it’s a tie you go with who has the higher ceiling, and in my opinion the guy with the higher ceiling is the one who’s only been in college for 7 months. The offense is new to Gebbia so he can obviously get better, but he’s been practicing with college football players for a year longer than Martinez. If they’re still tied that tells me Martinez will end up better.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

That’s my logic as well. If it’s a tie you go with who has the higher ceiling, and in my opinion the guy with the higher ceiling is the one who’s only been in college for 7 months. The offense is new to Gebbia so he can obviously get better, but he’s been practicing with college football players for a year longer than Martinez. If they’re still tied that tells me Martinez will end up better.

“Practicing with college football players” seems a little loose of a term to me after the 2017 season.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I am not surprised to hear he is running it well, but the part I concerned with is him taking a hit.  When I see a video of him running the ball and I see a defensive player flash across the screen to tag off, it makes me wonder if he can take a hit in the QB run game.  AM is heavier than all of our RBs besides Ozigbo.  

3 hours ago, swmohusker said:

I am not surprised to hear he is running it well, but the part I concerned with is him taking a hit.  When I see a video of him running the ball and I see a defensive player flash across the screen to tag off, it makes me wonder if he can take a hit in the QB run game.  AM is heavier than all of our RBs besides Ozigbo.  

I could be mistaken but I would say Wilbon, Bell, and Mazour are 10 to 20 lbs bigger than AM is.   Not sure what the weights are for the young guys.  I know Washington is about 180 or so.  

3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

He also said Martinez has a really strong arm. Let the debate continue!

Yes indeed...The only difference is Gebbia is a little more accurate. 

I just want football to be here already.  These Saturdays of doing chores are bulls#!t.  Need a break!!!

The speculation is getting ridiculous and all the non-answers the media receives it's like they're dry heaving in the desert dying of thirst. They get very little access and everything is an assumption based off 30 minutes of access. I'm not campaigning for the media here. We just don't have enough information to go off of on who is going to be the starter so all the he said she said crap is a nothing burger to me.

Until the Akron game and whoever lines up in shotgun that's when we'll know who their guy is. I'd prefer it not become a circus but this is a fish bowl after all.

7 minutes ago, FTW said:

The speculation is getting ridiculous and all the non-answers the media receives it's like they're dry heaving in the desert dying of thirst. They get very little access and everything is an assumption based off 30 minutes of access. I'm not campaigning for the media here. We just don't have enough information to go off of on who is going to be the starter so all the he said she said crap is a nothing burger to me.

Until the Akron game and whoever lines up in shotgun that's when we'll know who their guy is. I'd prefer it not become a circus but this is a fish bowl after all.

What do you have against circuses? Other than the animal abuse.

• Plus1 2