Frost’s QB Room

1 hour ago, FTW said:

The speculation is getting ridiculous and all the non-answers the media receives it's like they're dry heaving in the desert dying of thirst. They get very little access and everything is an assumption based off 30 minutes of access. I'm not campaigning for the media here. We just don't have enough information to go off of on who is going to be the starter so all the he said she said crap is a nothing burger to me.

Until the Akron game and whoever lines up in shotgun that's when we'll know who their guy is. I'd prefer it not become a circus but this is a fish bowl after all.

You don't need to speculate.  Frost said himself that the they are pretty much tied and that they switch off days as far as who performs better.  If it were today, they both deserve to start.  I'm pretty sure that they hope someone separates himself this next week as far as out performing the other guy every day.

4 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I could be mistaken but I would say Wilbon, Bell, and Mazour are 10 to 20 lbs bigger than AM is.   Not sure what the weights are for the young guys.  I know Washington is about 180 or so.  

AM is 220.  Don't think  those guys are over 220.  Bell is listed at 205, Bryant 200, mazour 200, Wilson is 220.

I've come to my own conclusion that the starter is going to be Gebbia.  Frost has come out and even said Gebbia is running well, and has good accuracy.  But, the thing that has me making the prediction of Gebbia - every time I see Martinez throw, it seems like he recoils the arm a bit afterwards, as if the shoulder is still bothering him some.  I do think he will see a good bit of time in games, but i also think it would be beneficial for his arm/shoulder to get another year of working out the kinks while not getting overworked.  And that's the last time I'll probably chime in on this.  Right or wrong, I'll be thrilled with either one.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

I've come to my own conclusion that the starter is going to be Gebbia.  Frost has come out and even said Gebbia is running well, and has good accuracy.  But, the thing that has me making the prediction of Gebbia - every time I see Martinez throw, it seems like he recoils the arm a bit afterwards, as if the shoulder is still bothering him some.  I do think he will see a good bit of time in games, but i also think it would be beneficial for his arm/shoulder to get another year of working out the kinks while not getting overworked.  And that's the last time I'll probably chime in on this.  Right or wrong, I'll be thrilled with either one.

:dunno

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Check out at about 2:22 of this video, a second or two after the throw - that is what I've seen him do a number of times.

He lifted his forearm up. I wouldn’t call that a “recoil.” I think you’re reading too much into it because you know he had surgery.

• Plus1 1

I think what is going to make the most difference in the competition is the qb’s ability to be that “point guard” player. Whoever is able to distribute the ball to the play makers most efficiently is going to be the guy. A tie situation goes to Martinez for his running ability. 

I think Martinez will win the job. Just my 2 cents.

2 hours ago, Zacharias said:

I think what is going to make the most difference in the competition is the qb’s ability to be that “point guard” player. Whoever is able to distribute the ball to the play makers most efficiently is going to be the guy. A tie situation goes to Martinez for his running ability. 

I think Martinez will win the job. Just my 2 cents.

Interesting that you put it that way.  I think it was the HOL guys who used a similar analogy earlier this week.  They said something to the effect of if your QB is your point guard, Gebbia is going to be the guy racking up assists - getting the ball to the playmakers - while Martiez is the guy taking it to the rim himself - he can make some big plays on his own but he's probably going to make more mistakes along the way.

• Plus1 1