Frost’s QB Room

49 minutes ago, LaFlamaBlanca said:

At 1:43 Callahan says POB had a class conflict, which is why he didnt speak with the media. Do we trust Callahan or is this just one Irishman sticking up for another??

Tbh RSS has been wrong/off a lot lately.  Was just merely passing info I read along to you guys.

Like I said DONT KILL THE MESSENGER 

53 minutes ago, LaFlamaBlanca said:

At 1:43 Callahan says POB had a class conflict, which is why he didnt speak with the media. Do we trust Callahan or is this just one Irishman sticking up for another??

Dbl post

Edited by ADS

It is crazy how much the POB talk has shifted from today to this time last year.

I never was as excited as some were when he first came in but also dont think he is an awful QB.. He just seems to be an awful fit for this offense. 

I am a bit surprised he has stuck around this long, but could see him going to a program like a Wyoming or some mid major where he can pass a lot. 

While I would bet Gebbia might be leading slightly, I still wouldnt be shocked to see Martinez start day 1 or at some point. This is not going off of all the talk but just off what we know. 

The Bunch talk is nice but there is a reason he is a walk-on. 

My early prediction:

Game 1:

Gebbia

Martinez

Bunch

POB transfers after the semester ends.

Game 12:

Martinez

Gebbia

Bunch

12 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

POB's arm looks amazing.  Martinez will redshirt - the other guys look good enough to serve as backup.  Let martinez get his arm 100% this year and challenge POB next year.

Odd because he ran it in high school and Gebbia didn't.

Who cares if he ran spread in high school. He's not quick, which is a big part of being a QB in this offense

• Plus1 1

I believe I understood Frost to point out POB has shown the best arm of them all and he wants Gebbia to gain weight and get stronger.   Gebbia seemed to not know how much he weighs so that might lead one to suspect he has not gained as much weight as some comments have suggested.   Both those are clues that POB might be closer to being 'in the lead' as any of them.   I also interpreted what Frost said about some players having started to seperate themselves from others as being more the 'generic' and not any particular positions, particularly with the QBs.   He seemed to praise all of them but also to say they all need to move and think faster, etc.

He indicated that Gebbia has 'good speed' or something to that effect.   He didn't indicate that Martinez was pushing the pack or something either.

But, of course, one can assume that they are not all 'even'  as each has individual strengths and weaknesses.   I think having some running ability is very important BUT even in this offense, making good decisions, quickly, is going to be the paramount priority.   There are plenty of guys on the team with running ability that could be moved to QB if running were the first concern.   Frost said of course he'd love to have all his players run 4.4 fortys but 4.7 will do if the QB does evertying else well and is a tough runner that can get you a few yards regularly.        

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

The idea of POB being low on the depth chart is hard for some to fathom because lots of people thought he was going to supplant Tommy Armstrong the moment he stepped foot here.

To be fair, that was waaaaay more based on my lack of faith in TA than a projection about POB.

So I wasn't THAT wrong.

4 hours ago, LaFlamaBlanca said:

Sipple is saying there was no class conflict. I can’t believe Callahan would do that.  I bet Sean says “that bus was being a real a**hole to McGreggor, fr fr” too....

7DBD3853-26CD-488D-AFAB-0DC7FC6406D1.png

• Plus1 1

I really like watching Gebbia throw a football.  Still so hard to know how all of these guys will play like when its game time and the heat is on.  Having said that I think Frost and co will have them prepared which is huge from the mental aspect of things.  

Personally right now I'd like to see Gebbia under center.