OT Willie Canty [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

39 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Canty Commit?

• Nebraska
    • Louisville
    • USF

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 03:30 PM

13 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

I'd be curious as to how many oline kids that fit that description there are per year. I'd be surprised if there are many ready year 1, year 2 I could see more.

I suppose it's a bit of a gray area.  Because a redshirt sophomore would would have had 2 years in the program.  3 in the weight room.

But we need a couple guys that can come in and compete from the jump.  There may not be many of them.  But we need them.  

16 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

I believe that’s correct, he will have to spend two years at the junior college, right?

Meaning he would be a 3 to play 2 guy and could join us in the spring after the 2019 season?

Yes. If you qualify or of high school you can peace after one year. If you don't qualify, your there for two.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Caliborn72 said:

I believe that’s correct, he will have to spend two years at the junior college, right?

Meaning he would be a 3 to play 2 guy and could join us in the spring after the 2019 season?

Coach Sims said in an article the goal will be to get him graduated in a year and a half. Be eligible to enroll spring 2020. 

• Plus1 1

They must really like this kid to sign as a risk and place him in a juco with intent to still become a husker.  We have 2 starting soph tackles.  This year we should be alright with Conrad being a backup but we are really thin. I have heard good things about broc bando,  but not sure if he will be an tackle.  We really need to bring in a Juco guy this class to compete.  Losing canty isn't the end of the world and could work out fine if we see him in couple years when he is developed and needed.  

• 4 months later...