Spring Game Ticket Sales

Mavric

19 minutes ago, GSG said:

I have an idea. Quit bitching and start working. Work to find some tickets. There are plenty of them out there that people will be giving away or selling for face value, you just have to actually work to find them. But, I would guess because of her "sad" story somebody will now give her family tickets for free. So, you should be thanking social media for helping you get free tickets for everyone. This is a great example of a participation trophy/medal parent. You should be teaching your kids not to be soft instead of bitching about something you can change if you actually put some work in. But I guess these days, posting stuff like "look at me, look at me" on social media to get what you want is considered work.

• Plus1 4

That woman is acting like an ass, but she has a small point, though.  Anyone can buy 20 tickets at a time, and especially in this situation that's going to lead to abuses. A ton of those go to youth clubs (you see tons of them in the stands at Spring Games), but if a season ticket holder wanted to scalp them he could, and that kinda sucks.

Maybe pare down the max amount you can buy to 10 tickets per account?  I don't know if that solves this woman's problem, but it might cut down on some of the scalping.

• Plus1 4
38 minutes ago, GSG said:

giphy.gif

I think someone needs to calm down.  It's not the University's fault that people are excited about Husker football again. (well, I guess it kind of is...)

Should they have limited the season ticket holders to a number less than 20?   Probably

Do they have the right to buy tickets first since they give money and support the program?   Of course

Will there be tickets available for near face value?   I'm sure there will be, if you're patient

I got on at 10 when they went on sale, loaded 4 in the cart and got a reply I couldn't get them, but try again.  Did 10 times and then it was sold out.  I could load my cart, but the purchase would never get to the next step and put me in a loop.

Went to stub hub right after and there are hundreds on sale starting at $40 up to the $700 club seats.  So she has a point.  Do ticket brokers get an allotment too?

I'll start asking some of the season ticket holders here and fish around.  Otherwise I'll buy a good bottle of scotch and watch it with friends.  No reason to pay $50 a ticket for a scrimmage.  I'll be able to find similarly priced tickets to actual games.

Edited by InOmaha
  • Plus1 2