Spring Game Ticket Sales

Mavric

2 hours ago, Dewiz said:

Has anyone sat underneath the west balcony? I have 2 tickets in row 42 and looks like my view of the big screen will be obstructed. Not sure about the pillars coming down too if they will be blocking my vision on parts of the field

I've sat in that area several times.  You won't be able to see the big screen and miss out on that.  But the time it was raining, they were the best seats in the house.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

That’s because you promised to be a die hard if we hired Frost.

Apathy cured. :)

I will say for those talking about tickets. My buddy who is a donor bought all 20 tickets for a group of us old High School pals and our wives to go and sit together. 

I am pumped!

I’m pretty sure a very large portion goes to the teammates mentoring program as well.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Coach Power'T said:

Apathy cured. :)

I will say for those talking about tickets. My buddy who is a donor bought all 20 tickets for a group of us old High School pals and our wives to go and sit together. 

I am pumped!

I’m pretty sure a very large portion goes to the teammates mentoring program as well.

Sounds like you and I should be able to see eye to eye then from here on out! Glad we are back on the same page! GBR

9 minutes ago, Coach Power'T said:

I wonder. It costs a lot of money to pay the salaries of the production staff who run the boards, pay all the ushers, pay the police, pay the concessions people, pay for the outlay of the concessions, etc.

They may donate some of the ticket sales to charity, but I'll bet at $10 a ticket they're not making much, if any, profit.

4 hours ago, BoSolich said:

"it's unfair to the families who can't afford to go to the real games" 

ummmm weren't ohio state tickets like $12 on stubhub around 4 months ago?

I literally couldnt give tickets away last year. Of course it was just to friends. But i did try to sell before games and couldnt get anything near face(donor face $57) for them so i just ate them for the extra room.

a) If she hadn't been shrill about it, we probably wouldn't be talking about it (and it wouldn't have been retweeted so many times)

b) Since the game has never Sold Out before, the 20 tickets per Season Ticket Holder has never been a problem before

However...

c) If you didn't THINK that THIS Spring Game was going to be Sold Out (under the circumstances) then you really aren't paying attention

d) There is a chance that THIS person has already been offered tickets for her family, at face value, by some kindly Season Ticket Owner who bought more than they need.

e) I'm not a Season Ticket Owner. I set an alarm for 9:57 AM and was waiting when the links to buy tickets came available. It was clear to me that the ticket server was getting HAMMERED. Every click was an arduous wait and my first attempt at checking out failed. Fortunately, the 2nd attempt went through (very slowly) and I got the 4 tickets I needed purchased by 10:15. I realized that I could probably buy more and sell them, making my 4 essentially free, but I just didn't want to play that game. 

f) Given that the game has Sold Out (for the first time) the university will have a decision to make for next year. Will a Sell Out be a regular thing now? Maybe. Nothing makes people want something as much as being told they can't get it. However, WOULD it have been a Sell Out if the maximum number of tickets Season Ticket Holders could buy was 10? Maybe, but it would certainly have taken longer. Another option would be to simply make 40,000 tickets available to Season Ticket Holders (set the limit on the number of tickets to whatever). That would leave 40-45K available to the General Public on Day 2. The Season Ticket Owners would still get preference and the best seats. 

g) The fact that it Sold Out (and as fast as it did) is a Big Win for the publicity of the program (nationwide). That it happened on National Signing Day, when a lot of fans and recruits are glued to College Football News, means that the Cornhusker football program got a LOT of mileage out of it, irregardless of how much a few people may be throwing temper tantrums about not getting theirs.

Random Thought: The Spring Game will be the first time Scott Frost's STAFF will be experiencing a Sold Out Memorial Stadium (except for those who were former players). I guarantee it is going to be a goosepimple/hair-on-the-back-of-the-neck-raising experience for most of them. I want to be there, if ONLY to see the Tunnel Walk and the new video that (I'm sure) will feature Scott Frost as player AND Head Coach. Somebody should put a decibel meter out there and video THAT, when it happens, for recruiting purposes.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

a) If she hadn't been shrill about it, we probably wouldn't be talking about it (and it wouldn't have been retweeted so many times)

b) Since the game has never Sold Out before, the 20 tickets per Season Ticket Holder has never been a problem before

However...

c) If you didn't THINK that THIS Spring Game was going to be Sold Out (under the circumstances) then you really aren't paying attention

d) There is a chance that THIS person has already been offered tickets for her family, at face value, by some kindly Season Ticket Owner who bought more than they need.

e) I'm not a Season Ticket Owner. I set an alarm for 9:57 AM and was waiting when the links to buy tickets came available. It was clear to me that the ticket server was getting HAMMERED. Every click was an arduous wait and my first attempt at checking out failed. Fortunately, the 2nd attempt went through (very slowly) and I got the 4 tickets I needed purchased by 10:15. I realized that I could probably buy more and sell them, making my 4 essentially free, but I just didn't want to play that game. 

f) Given that the game has Sold Out (for the first time) the university will have a decision to make for next year. Will a Sell Out be a regular thing now? Maybe. Nothing makes people want something as much as being told they can't get it. However, WOULD it have been a Sell Out if the maximum number of tickets Season Ticket Holders could buy was 10? Maybe, but it would certainly have taken longer. Another option would be to simply make 40,000 tickets available to Season Ticket Holders (set the limit on the number of tickets to whatever). That would leave 40-45K available to the General Public on Day 2. The Season Ticket Owners would still get preference and the best seats. 

g) The fact that it Sold Out (and as fast as it did) is a Big Win for the publicity of the program (nationwide). That it happened on National Signing Day, when a lot of fans and recruits are glued to College Football News, means that the Cornhusker football program got a LOT of mileage out of it, irregardless of how much a few people may be throwing temper tantrums about not getting theirs.

Random Thought: The Spring Game will be the first time Scott Frost's STAFF will be experiencing a Sold Out Memorial Stadium (except for those who were former players). I guarantee it is going to be a goosepimple/hair-on-the-back-of-the-neck-raising experience for most of them. I want to be there, if ONLY to see the Tunnel Walk and the new video that (I'm sure) will feature Scott Frost as player AND Head Coach. Somebody should put a decibel meter out there and video THAT, when it happens, for recruiting purposes.

I hope that wasn't your alarm to wake up for the day...sorry you lost me after that.

• Plus1 2