Spring Game Ticket Sales

Mavric

Wow- People will complain about anything ... SMH.  They have never sold out... They have held this scrimmage for over 60 years and people are mad that they actually pulled it off for the first time in the teams history???   Here is a news flash for those feeling anger over something so good- The World Doesn't Owe You Anything!  Go work for it like the majority of us do.  Congratulations to Mr. Frost and the University of Nebraska for this historical accomplishment.      

• Plus1 2

13 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Someone on Stubhub is trying to sell these things for $500 each.  I realize they won't get that much for them.  But the fact that they are trying is complete bulls#!t. 

It grinds my gears. The spring game should be for people who cant normally go to a game because of cost and can pick up a ticket for 10-15 bucks and be able to take their kid to a game at a reasonable cost.

I know organizations like Big Brothers and Big Sisters work hard to get tickets to these events so kids can go to games and make memories.

5 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

e) I'm not a Season Ticket Owner. I set an alarm for 9:57 AM and was waiting when the links to buy tickets came available. It was clear to me that the ticket server was getting HAMMERED. Every click was an arduous wait and my first attempt at checking out failed. Fortunately, the 2nd attempt went through (very slowly) and I got the 4 tickets I needed purchased by 10:15. I realized that I could probably buy more and sell them, making my 4 essentially free, but I just didn't want to play that game. 

I got on before 10am, put 4 tickets in the basket and it said sorry try again.  I did that several times then it said sold out.  So even being there before it started and putting them in the cart didn't work.

I didn't complain on twitter though, even though my kid was very disappointed.  Life can be disappointing at times.  No need for a public tantrum about it.  I have several relatives and friends who are always looking to off load season tickets for some games they are too busy to attend.  I'm sure not paying a scalper for a scrimmage when I can probably get tickets to one or two real games at similar prices.  I'll keep on the lookout for the 4 $10 spring game tickets I had taken from my cart.  :(

If they start winning again, any ticket will be impossible to get and the prices will go even higher.  Season ticket holders might start complaining about higher ticket prices over time instead of complaining about how they couldn't get anyone to take their OSU tickets for free.  I hope that's the case.

18 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

I got on before 10am, put 4 tickets in the basket and it said sorry try again.  I did that several times then it said sold out.  So even being there before it started and putting them in the cart didn't work.

I had this problem on Tuesday when tickets went on sale to season ticket holders. Had two different sets of tickets in West stadium, ended up with tickets in North stadium.

13 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

Heck college game day might show up.

Do they do Spring Games?

4 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Wow- People will complain about anything ... SMH.  They have never sold out... They have held this scrimmage for over 60 years and people are mad that they actually pulled it off for the first time in the teams history???   Here is a news flash for those feeling anger over something so good- The World Doesn't Owe You Anything!  Go work for it like the majority of us do.  Congratulations to Mr. Frost and the University of Nebraska for this historical accomplishment.      

I want to insult this take for being stupid but it's against the rules so I won't.

• Plus1 4
6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Do they do Spring Games?

I don't think they do.  But how many spring games have sold out?  That's a new thing too.  The university and fans should invite them to our new and improved game day atmosphere.

It would also be nice to get another gameday in Lincoln before Corso dies.  :o

Herbstreet would be forced to pick Nebraska too.  :P

Edited by InOmaha
14 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

It IS true that everyone wants to defend Capitalism (the system we mostly operate under) until they are negatively affected by it, or become jealous of others who they feel profit (too much) from it. 

Thanks for explaining what capitalism is, never heard of it before.

Can you tell me, is there a difference between capitalism and purchasing 20 tickets to sell for $600, for a scrimmage? 

Edited by HuskerNBigD
  • Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, HuskerNBigD said:

Thanks for explaining what capitalism is, never heard of it before.

No, thank YOU for the tremendous additions you have made to this thread with your comments! We all owe you a tremendous debt of gratitude. :D

From this comment... 

The university should be able to track who is selling them on stubhub and not allow those IPs or usernames to purchase from the university anymore. SMU has something like this for basketball and it makes a lot of sense. No reason people should be getting 4-5x for a damn scrimmage. Lol at the $300 suite tickets.

...it did not appear that you were familiar with the concept of capitalism.

Edited by cheekygeek
  • Plus1 1