Spring Game Ticket Sales

Mavric

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I definitely don't like seeing this s#!t. Come on, $600 for a ticket? Even $45 for a ticket. I don't believe in gouging for spring game tickets. It's ridiculous. Now for game tickets, they're worth what someone is willing to give you for them.

Those prices will likely go down when they find out people won't pay them.

This is the only time this has happened, and the first year for a coach is always the peak spring game attendance. They'll likely change the 20 ticket policy next year. They probably should have expected this since pretty much everyone thought it would sell out, and changed things ahead of time for this year, but whatever.

Edited by Moiraine

The university should be able to track who is selling them on stubhub and not allow those IPs or usernames to purchase from the university anymore. SMU has something like this for basketball and it makes a lot of sense. No reason people should be getting 4-5x for a damn scrimmage. Lol at the $300 suite tickets.

• Plus1 2

27 minutes ago, Sker fer life said:

Don't blame the university. Blame the people trying to take advantage. "Screw them".

20 tickets per person is a little ridiculous. Some scalper writes a bot to buy 4 tickets over and over... yeah screw them, but the University should have known this was going to sell out and that 20 per person is 3-4x too many tickets.

Honestly, guys, no one be upset if you didn't get them.  People bought a lot right now because they are 10 dollars so they say "Well, I was going to grab 3 but I might as well grab 6" thinking they will bring more friends or family...thing is...right now it is 2/7 and 4/21 is a long ways off.

Things will come up, people will flake, people will cancel, people will get to Lincoln and not want to head into the game because it will be on TV live at the Rail Yard and Barry's...

You will not have to end up paying over 10 dollars.

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, Branno said:

20 tickets per person is a little ridiculous. Some scalper writes a bot to buy 4 tickets over and over... yeah screw them, but the University should have known this was going to sell out and that 20 per person is 3-4x too many tickets.

20 per person is too many, I agree.  The university can't do much to stop people from scalping tickets. 20, 10, 5 tickets, doesn't really matter, some people are just out to make a buck (or several hundred). Sad but true.

59 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

Has anyone sat underneath the west balcony? I have 2 tickets in row 42 and looks like my view of the big screen will be obstructed. Not sure about the pillars coming down too if they will be blocking my vision on parts of the field

Rows above 40 are obstructed view.  You may not be able to see the big screen.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=211027703

• Plus1 2