Tyronn Lue

30 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

For some reason, I didn't think they overlapped at NC State, but yes, that would be problematic. 

Based on the timing of events, such as when the recruit committed to N.C. State and when he entered the NBA draft, the athlete described in the FBI documents is believed to be Dennis Smith Jr., a point guard who played one season at N.C. State under coach Mark Gottfried from 2016-17 before heading to the NBA draft. "Parent-1" is believed to be Smith's father, Dennis Smith Sr.

When asked about the FBI's indictment on Wednesday, Smith declined to talk about it but said he was not worried about the situation, according to the Dallas Morning News.

Identifying “Coach-4” isn’t as easy.

Gottfried was N.C. State’s head coach in September, October and December 2015, periods of time spelled out under "Allegations Related to North Carolina State University" portion in the FBI's latest indictment. Orlando Early was an assistant coach at N.C. State from 2011 until he, along with Gottfried, were fired in February 2017. Gottfried and Early were heavily involved in the recruitment of Smith.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/nc-state/state-now/article208585254.html

Edited by GSG
  • Plus1 1

2 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

I understand he's never coached in college. That doesn't mean he's incapable of doing so or assembling a staff that would be great at it. 

Likewise, I understand he has been a head coach in the NBA. That doesn't mean he's capable of doing the same at Nebraska, or assembling a quality staff that would be great at coaching college basketball.

This notion that he's incapable of running a college program because he's never done it before it just stupid in my opinion.

Nobody has stated factually that he is incapable. People have expressed skepticism, because there are no data points and sometimes people require evidence to believe things will be true.

Lastly- this idea that Lue would have no idea how to evaluate HS talent or would have difficulty recruiting is a complete assumption on your end.

More or less of an assumption than assuming that he would be a good college coach at his alma mater because he's done good coaching the Cleveland Cavaliers? You're assuming a claim without evidence. Others are assuming skepticism in the face of no evidence. One is wishful thinking, one is pragmatic.

15 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

my take is if Avery Johnson can be successful at Alabama then Tyronn Lue can be successful at Nebraska. 

Cool. My take is that your take is completely meaningless, because I could easily counter with, "my take is if Eddie Jordan failed so miserably at Rutgers then Tyronn Lue will also fail at Nebraska."

• Plus1 1
On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:38 PM, Landlord said:

I don't think Lue would be successful here.

I'm not sure if he would be successful in college at all. He could be great. I'm not even sure if he would be successful in the NBA without Lebron James. LBJ has made a number of mediocre coaches look much better than their capabilities.

The NBA game, from a coaching standpoint, is night and day different than college.

Lebagg is the one controlling the puppet of Lou. He might be a good pro coach but I don't think he'd be very good at recruiting at all. Who wants to play for the guy that got stepped over by AI?

step over.png

22 hours ago, huskerfan333157 said:

I'm pretty sure the cavs went 9 1 when Lue didn't coach them this year yet they've struggled with him coaching.  I think Nebraska fans are either overrating Lue or don't pay much attention to the NBA.

yeah lets ignore the NBA Title he won and say that he's overrated.

Amazing to me how many people are so quick to discredit Lue's accomplishments, mostly because ironically they don't want the NBA

9 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

yeah lets ignore the NBA Title he won and say that he's overrated.

Amazing to me how many people are so quick to discredit Lue's accomplishments, mostly because ironically they don't want the NBA

1.  Cleveland's talent was far superior to anyone in the east.

2. They won because green got suspended and i believe the warriors had a few injuries.  

3.  If he was such a great coach then how did Larry Drew go 9-1 with that same team this year? Even die-hard Cleveland fans doesn't think he's a good coach. Just because he's a Nebraska boy doesn't automatically mean he's great.  I'll trust Cleveland's fans opinions (who watch night in and night out) over someone that doesn't pay close attention to them.

• Plus1 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2018 at 7:16 AM, Cdog923 said:

There's only one reason that someone could legitimately want Ty Lue coaching at Nebraska, and it isn't his coaching acumen. 

So we can finally have another name to cheer that sounds like boo?

Ruud, Suh, Lue -

I think it's a great strategy myself, too bad Erstad doesn't sound like boo.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23659954/cleveland-cavaliers-coach-tyronn-lue-reveals-being-treated-anxiety

Feeling better and healthier nearly two months after taking a medical leave of absence, Cleveland Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue said he has been getting treatment for anxiety.

Lue had been having chest pains and occasionally coughing up blood when he left the team in March. He was unable to coach the second half in several games before stepping away to deal with the issue. A diet change and medication have helped him.

"I'm glad it wasn't anything serious," Lue told ESPN's Rachel Nichols in an exclusive interview. "Just anxiety, and the medication I'm on is great. No more chest pains, so everything's been great."

Lue had a battery of tests in the months leading up to his decision in mid-March to step away, and it was determined his symptoms were, in part, the result of anxiety. During the two weeks Lue was away, he was able to get some rest, make lifestyle changes and begin a medication routine that helped reduce some of the stress.

"I think for the first time in my career, 20 years, I had a chance to focus on me. It wasn't as bad as people thought it was. But I did have some chest pains for the last couple of years. And I was just trying to be able to get through it not knowing what was wrong with me," Lue told Nichols.

"So the two weeks I took off, just finally had a chance to focus on myself and change my diet. Hired a chef. Stopped drinking as many Shirley Temples. And stopped with the sweets and got back to taking care of myself. Now I feel great."

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Tyronn Lue