Scott Frost Signing Day Presser

Mavric

Just a phenomenal job by this staff. They have a vision for what Nebraska can be and are adding the players needed to make it a reality. Putting that kind of class together is amazing. I suspect what we see happen with player development will be even more impressive. This is a hell of an exciting time to be a Husker fan.

• Plus1 1

Great press conference.   Very matter of fact, frank, open, honest and straight forward.   He is not mincing words or spewing a bunch of coachspeak.   He pointed out the areas of concern - such as getting the team in football shape and ready to compete physically.   We were all too often, tired, cramping, getting punished and not 'owning' the 4th quarter and often were the weaker team even in the second quarter.  That's is just plain unacceptable and there are no excuses for being physically  unprepared to win.  Working harder than your opponent is a matter of will power.  Great athlete or not, there is never an excuse for being lazy or out of shape.   The program has every single piece of equipment and the staffing to give every player the opportunity to be the best he can be.  The players have to work hard if they want to win.  If they don't work hard, then the next guy up needs to step in to his place and prove he deserves the spot.  

We heard about the guys working hard but the results were proven on the field they were not the toughest, the most fit, etc.  No excuses.  Work your butts off and you will be the best player you can be.  The will and the 'want to' and the heart of a Husker is critical.  Hopefully Frost and Co can instill this and or find the guys who are ready to commit themselves to the TEAM and doing the all to win.  If they do, they will turn that 4-8 into 8-4 without the advantages of better schemes and so on.  

• Plus1 3

The amount of work this staff has put in the past few months is nothing short of miraculous and insane all at the same time. My hats off to them to pull in this type of class with so little time. I feel so good about the future at Nebraska with Scott Frost at the helm. The more that comes out the more work I think we all realize is needed to get things back on track here, but I'm confident he'll eventually get it headed in the right direction. How can he not?! The guy just radiates confidence, calmness, and greatness. 

• Plus1 1

I think what's most remarkable to me is how normal Frost looks. By all accounts, dude has been doing nothing but flying, traveling in cars, eating to-go meals, probably a little sleep deprived and perhaps even missing his regular workouts. Yet, he looks as if he could go fill the 2019 class right now.

I bet one or a couple of the coaches get leisure sickness in the next few weeks.

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I think what's most remarkable to me is how normal Frost looks. By all accounts, dude has been doing nothing but flying, traveling in cars, eating to-go meals, probably a little sleep deprived and perhaps even missing his regular workouts. Yet, he looks as if he could go fill the 2019 class right now.

I bet one or a couple of the coaches get leisure sickness in the next few weeks.

That's what happens when you hire a coach in his early 40s, who is in shape and has a positive attitude on life and the University of Nebraska.  Couldn't say the same on all fronts for NU's past 3 coaches.

On 2/7/2018 at 4:20 PM, MichiganDad3 said:

Very impressive job by this staff. Imagine what they can do in a couple years when they have a full year to recruit, and recruits see the Huskers running the the most exciting offense and the most aggressive defense in the nation. I imagine our ST will be more exciting too :D

Agreed. I'm really excited with this staff and their potential to elevate our program to heights we haven't seen since the late 90's or even better. Frost did such a great job at UCF which should translate to Nebraska making massive improvements over the next couple of years. Regarding the recruiting work Frost and staff did, If we would have gotten JJB and maybe Montgomery we could have potentially moved ahead of Michigan this year  in the recruiting wars. Not something we have done in a long time. Things are definitely looking up! Very excited for our future. GBR!