2018 Big Ten Recruiting Rankings

TonyStalloni

Some teams do a great job of recruiting their type of kids - see Wisconsin/Mich St/Iowa. We will now start to see more wins now that we have a competent coach along with regularly being the top recruiting team in the West. Yes, those run first play tough D teams will win games over us, but more times than not Nebraska is going to be the top dog in the West, and I cannot wait for that. 

Edited by BIG ERN

I wonder... is a starter at a school like Nebraska more likely to make it in the NFL than a back up at Ohio State or Alabama?

The reason the question popped into my head is I don't really understand a kid wanting to go to a place like Ohio State/Alabama where he'll be lucky to get a chance to play as a senior. Whereas at a school that doesn't recruit in the top 5, he'd be starting for 3-4 years almost guaranteed. The other thing I don't understand is wanting to play at a school like Alabama where even your team is just another team. Your school has already won numerous championships recently. I think I'd want to win a championship for a school that has never done it or rarely does it. (Which is what I believe Gebbia, Johnson and Bookie wanted to do before the s#!t hit the fan).

I understand if the player wants to win a college football national championship. But it seems like most of them want to get to the NFL 1st, win a championship 2nd.

I also understand 4+ star players have no reason to believe they won't start as true freshman anywhere. They're used to dominating and they're 18 years old, so obviously they're going to be cocky.

Edited by Moiraine