NFL Off-season Moves

Mavric

25 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

That new targeting rule is going to be a s#!t show. They might have a hard time keeping 11 defenders eligible for four quarters. I'm dine with it being a penalty but just have it be 15 yards and then reviewed by the league and if its a dirty hit suspend them foe the next game.

Agree - no reason to start having 5 minute reviews a couple times each quarter - it just gives the announcers 500 chances to say "indisputable video evidence" and put the stupid graphic on the screen informing everyone what targeting really is.

4 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Agree - no reason to start having 5 minute reviews a couple times each quarter - it just gives the announcers 500 chances to say "indisputable video evidence" and put the stupid graphic on the screen informing everyone what targeting really is.

I wonder if offensive players will get flagged for this as well. If a running back lowers his shoulder trying to get extra yards and his helmet makes contact with a defender is that a penalty? I doubt it i dont think I've ever seen a offensive player called for helmet to helmet contact and it happens all the time.

2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Liver and kidney issues?  Who knew being a racist bully would give a person rhabdomyolysis?

I think I read the doctor attributed it to stress.  https://sports.yahoo.com/controversy-filled-career-richie-incognito-appears-160331294.html

I suppose it could be stressful being a racist bully but I remember reading a while ago that he stopped lifting weights and was doing other things like massages and yoga to prepare himself. I might be wrong on the yoga part but thought his scheme sounded dubious. 

3 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I think I read the doctor attributed it to stress.  https://sports.yahoo.com/controversy-filled-career-richie-incognito-appears-160331294.html

I suppose it could be stressful being a racist bully but I remember reading a while ago that he stopped lifting weights and was doing other things like massages and yoga to prepare himself. I might be wrong on the yoga part but thought his scheme sounded dubious. 

And i doubt drugs and alcohol had no part in it either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...