2018 Winter Olympics

Mavric

Ha, NBC left coverage of the women's super G event early, and declared the then first place as the Gold medal winner. Guess that's why everyone gets a chance because the last skier (who is really a snowboarder) had an unbelievable run and took the gold. Love it when an underdog comes through like that.

20 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

We've been watching a lot of the Olympics and one thing is for sure.  Mike Tirico is still just as stiff and unenjoyable as ever.

Yeah, the Olympics broadcast is really missing Bob Costas......and some US figure skating medal contenders. I realize that’s their bread and butter event but it sure is boring without some home team heroes. I don’t mind Scott Hamilton but I cannot stand Johnny Weird. Really disappointed in the coverage this time around.

36 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Yeah, the Olympics broadcast is really missing Bob Costas......and some US figure skating medal contenders. I realize that’s their bread and butter event but it sure is boring without some home team heroes. I don’t mind Scott Hamilton but I cannot stand Johnny Weird. Really disappointed in the coverage this time around.

Yeah I agree Costas is tons better and I think Scott Hamilton does a good job too.  

Second Russian caught doping at Winter Olympics in PyeongChang

Russian bobsleder Nadezhda Sergeeva has tested positive for trimetazidine, a banned heart medication. Alexander Zubkov, the president of the Russian Bobsleigh Federation, confirmed the failed test Friday in PyeongChang. Sergeeva finished in 12th place in the two-man bobsled competition as a pilot in PyeongChang.

Sergeeva was seen wearing a “I Don’t Do Doping” shirt two weeks ago while training for the Olympics. She told the Associated Press’ James Ellingworth that many athletes from other countries were warming up to her and other Russian Olympians ahead of the games because they were “clean.”

“I don’t know why, but they’ve started talking to us more than ever before. I feel it. Maybe it’s a sign to them that we’re clean,” she told the AP on Feb. 7. “There’s a lot of people coming up and saying ‘we’re happy you’re here.’”

9v68YaU.gif