2018 Winter Olympics

Mavric

Is it just me or is NBC totally botching coverage of this Olympics? Seems like they’re choosing to show some really uninteresting stuff during prime time and there really isn’t much in the way of human interest stories. Since everything they’re showing on prime time happened over half a day prior, couldn’t they trim down event coverage instead of showing every podunk country and 18th place finisher? And the commercials......5 minutes of sport and 20 minutes of the same 5 commercials on a loop. I usually like the Winter Olympics but so far this one kinda sucks. And it doesn’t help things to have Johnny Weird as the expert on figure skating. Somebody get him a fire extinguisher to put out the flames.

Edited by Comfortably Numb
9 hours ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Is it just me or is NBC totally botching coverage of this Olympics? Seems like they’re choosing to show some really uninteresting stuff during prime time and there really isn’t much in the way of human interest stories. Since everything they’re showing on prime time happened over half a day prior, couldn’t they trim down event coverage instead of showing every podunk country and 18th place finisher? And the commercials......5 minutes of sport and 20 minutes of the same 5 commercials on a loop. I usually like the Winter Olympics but so far this one kinda sucks. And it doesn’t help things to have Johnny Weird as the expert on figure skating. Somebody get him a fire extinguisher to put out the flames.

I thought a lot of their prime time coverage has been live.  They were commenting a couple days ago about it being odd for the competitors to be competing in the morning (in Korea) so that it could be live in prime time in the United States.  

52 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I thought a lot of their prime time coverage has been live.  They were commenting a couple days ago about it being odd for the competitors to be competing in the morning (in Korea) so that it could be live in prime time in the United States.  

Maybe some of it is...? I just know a lot of what I saw the first couple of days in primetime, I'd also seen the same stuff at 3:00am that morning. I get up a lot in the middle of the night :lol:

It might be that all the ski event cancellations have really screwed with their scheduled coverage. I just prefer it when they weed out some of the boring stuff and condense their coverage to highlights, top competitors and the US people. I don't need to see the 4th best Italian guy's qualifying run that doesn't qualify him in the top 12....unless there's a Wipeout involved :lol: