Warning...language...duh.

I am soooo incredibly stoked for this film.  And the off-beat way this film is being marketed, is absolutely genius.

Having Deadpool play with a toy Cable and Deadpool dressed as Woody from Toy Story is hilariously subversive and blatantly gives a middle finger to Disney.  Then there's the jab at DC about removing a mustache...  So much more to talk about in this trailer, which brilliantly gives away nothing in terms of plot.

• Plus1 1

Chimichanga, I know you absolutely loved that first movie. I saw it, liked it, didn't think it was nearly as cool as many did.  For me the wisecracking/smart ass character wears a little thin after a while.  I have worked with a few people like this and I get tired of it after a while.   My son loves it, he also thinks that The Office is the greatest TV show ever made.    

I will definitely see it,  and it should be good, it is just not really my thing.   

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, NUinID said:

For me the wisecracking/smart ass character wears a little thin after a while.

You really have to like that kind of character, because that's pretty much the basis of Deadpool.  He constantly breaks the 4th wall, cracks wise, and is all about being a smartass. 

• Plus1 3
5 hours ago, NUinID said:

Chimichanga, I know you absolutely loved that first movie. I saw it, liked it, didn't think it was nearly as cool as many did.  For me the wisecracking/smart ass character wears a little thin after a while.  I have worked with a few people like this and I get tired of it after a while.   My son loves it, he also thinks that The Office is the greatest TV show ever made.    

I will definitely see it,  and it should be good, it is just not really my thing.   

Same. 

It was funny for about 20 minutes. The schtick got old pretty quick. 

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

You really have to like that kind of character, because that's pretty much the basis of Deadpool.  He constantly breaks the 4th wall, cracks wise, and is all about being a smartass. 

I agree with this, knapplc.

I like the character and his sense of humor. And Ryan Reynolds was made for this role. 

• Plus1 1

Cable: Time's up you dumbf***!

Deadpool: [4th wall break and looks into the camera] Well that's just lazy writing.

:LOLtartar

What I love about Deadpool is that it is a movie, and comic book series, that knows exactly what it is--mindless entertainment.  I don't really have a problem with "serious" comic book movies in the strictest sense, but comic book based movies should be fun, entertaining, and not take themselves too seriously.  On average, Marvel does a better job of this than DC does, but both studios should lighten up.  And @NUinID, where I work we're always trying to make each other laugh so inane comments and pop culture references are more the rule than exception.

Edited by Making Chimichangas
1 hour ago, Swiv3D said:

@Making Chimichangas have you ever played the Deadpool video game?

I have not.  I knew somewhat of the character previously, but didn't really get interested until about 6 months before the first movie came out.  That was when I was like, woah...this sh**s funny and awesome.  So yeah I was kinda late to the party on this.  But, I'm slowly "catching up."  ;)

Was in a Barnes & Noble about a month ago and saw several Deadpool graphic novels, one of which featured Howard The Duck.  LOL.  

Edited by Making Chimichangas
13 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Cable: Time's up you dumbf***!

Deadpool: [4th wall break and looks into the camera] Well that's just lazy writing.

:LOLtartar

What I love about Deadpool is that it is a movie, and comic book series, that knows exactly what it is--mindless entertainment.  I don't really have a problem with "serious" comic book movies in the strictest sense, but comic book based movies should be fun, entertaining, and not take themselves too seriously.  On average, Marvel does a better job of this than DC does, but both studios should lighten up.  And @NUinID, where I work we're always trying to make each other laugh so inane comments and pop culture references are more the rule than exception.

I don't have a problem with making each other laugh and pop culture.  I like a light workplace, but being a smart ass all the time and having a smart ass comment about everything all the time wears thin for me.  That is why Deadpool got a little old to me.  I liked the 4th wall stuff a lot. 

I saw the movie about a month after release and had heard a lot of great things about it. I was expecting it to be better.  Liked it, just didn’t love it.

Edited by NUinID

18 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I have not.  I knew somewhat of the character previously, but didn't really get interested until about 6 months before the first movie came out.  That was when I was like, woah...this sh**s funny and awesome.  So yeah I was kinda late to the party on this.  But, I'm slowly "catching up."  ;)

Was in a Barnes & Noble about a month ago and saw several Deadpool graphic novels, one of which featured Howard The Duck.  LOL.  

Ha I'm in the same boat. Knew a little about the character, but the video game, which came out a few years before the movie came out, was when I really started to love it! Would definitely check it out if you have the chance.