Parrella

Whatever happened to John? Has he landed a gig yet? Really feel for him. He got a shot at the big time and landed in a coaching regime that could not have sucked worse. I hope his career will not be poisoned by the Riley era taint. No one really got a chance to see what he could do with a good staff around him. Also gotta feel for the DL players.....yet another coach.

Rambling further afield I hate to wish ill on anyone but I pray that Mike Cavanaugh hangs it up. That guy couldn't coach a cat to have an attitude.

/rant

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, Spooky Tooth said:

Whatever happened to John? Has he landed a gig yet? Really feel for him. He got a shot at the big time and landed in a coaching regime that could not have sucked worse. I hope his career will not be poisoned by the Riley era taint. No one really got a chance to see what he could do with a good staff around him. Also gotta feel for the DL players.....yet another coach.

Rambling further afield I hate to wish ill on anyone but I pray that Mike Cavanaugh hangs it up. That guy couldn't coach a cat to have an attitude.

/rant

Cavanaugh already landed another gig with Syracuse if I recall.

As for Parella, I'm sure he'll be fine.  I mean if Cavanaugh, Kevin Cosgrove, and Mark Banker can all find employment elsewhere, there's zero reason to think JP can't.

Edited by Making Chimichangas
  • Plus1 2
39 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Cavanaugh already landed another gig with Syracuse if I recall.

As for Parella, I'm sure he'll be fine.  I mean if Cavanaugh, Kevin Cosgrove, and Mark Banker can all find employment elsewhere, there's zero reason to think JP can't.

There are not enough facepalms in the world for this.....

The husker fans mindset, "everyone on the coaching staff was horrible except parella.  Parella is a Nebraska boy and Nebraska boys are never bad."  Sorry, but parella didn't improve the dline and he was just as bad as the rest of the coaching staff.  Just because he's a Nebraska man doesn't mean he gets exempted from being an average to below average coach.

• Plus1 9

1 minute ago, huskerfan333157 said:

The husker fans mindset, "everyone on the coaching staff was horrible except parella.  Parella is a Nebraska boy and Nebraska boys are never bad."  Sorry, but parella didn't improve the dline and he was just as bad as the rest of the coaching staff.  Just because he's a Nebraska man doesn't mean he gets exempted from being an average to below average coach.

Parella had a complete dline scheme change on him...to say that he didn’t improve the line is utterly unfair.   As for your other comment....

im fairly certain that the fans wanted the williamssssss to stay as well.  The general mindset was that diaco, cav, and Riley were the problem.   Wow how quickly people make blanket statements. 

• Plus1 4
3 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

To top that off, you first mock the mind set of “everyone on the staff was horrible” but then you say “he was just as bad as the rest of them”.  

So, it would appear, you are making the statement that you’re mocking. 

40 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

I'll stand corrected if anyone can show me proof but don't recall anyone on this board saying that ever saying that everyone on the staff sucked except Parrella.

43 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

The other husker fan mindset is that all d-lines should be like the 4-3,  penetrating and aggressive.

These same husker fans also fail to realize that there are other schemes, like the 3-4 where the d-lines job isn't to make plays in the back field, but rather consume double teams, clog the middle to force the play out side, where the 4 linebackers (who where atrocious last year, minus gafford) are suppose to make plays.

John's 3 men out of 11 did what was asked. It's not their fault the other units didn't perform and that the DC was hired out of a mental asylum.

8 minutes ago, Spooky Tooth said:

I'll stand corrected if anyone can show me proof but don't recall anyone on this board saying that ever saying that everyone on the staff sucked except Parrella.

Too lazy to go back through my posts but i did defend Parrella during the season while not really sticking up for the rest of the staff so i kinda fall in to that here. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, huskerfan333157 said:

He is one of our own.  Also research his family history.

And yes he did not have the DL looking good.  But guess what, we are paying millions to a failed HC, go figure.

Edited by dvdcrr
1 hour ago, huskerfan333157 said:

We have literally no idea whether Parella was "just as bad as the rest of the coaching staff." That's just silly. Just as silly as assuming he's a great coach because he played here.

It's difficult to tell whether a position coach is bad unless there are some obvious signs, like never rotating out the starters, the 2nd string playing better than the starters, raving like a lunatic (ok, that was a coordinator), things like that. There were no obvious signs that Parella was a bad coach, imho.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Huskinator said:

Parella had a complete dline scheme change on him...to say that he didn’t improve the line is utterly unfair.   As for your other comment....

im fairly certain that the fans wanted the williamssssss to stay as well.  The general mindset was that diaco, cav, and Riley were the problem.   Wow how quickly people make blanket statements. 

Williams was a buffoon and I am glad he will never set foot in this campus again.  Not an ounce of accountability shown and it was reflected by the team. Guy can go be the "best in the business" at Duke or something.  Notice how no huge programs picked him up? 

• Plus1 1