Parrella

On 2/10/2018 at 5:57 PM, Sker fer life said:

I am a cook in a restaurant,  the other day I opened a loaf of bread from one of our vendors and there was a bit of mold on the heal. The rest of it looked just fine,  good texture, color, not stale at all. I tossed the whole loaf,  felt a little guilty about it,  there was probably some good pieces in there,  pieces that could have contributed to nice club sandwich, or double stacked grilled cheese w/bacon. In the end however it was that speck of mold that forced my hand into thinking the whole loaf was contaminated and had to get thrown out. I wanted to put out a product I felt confident with. Opening a fresh loaf gave me that confidence.

But that grilled cheese played at NU and was one of our own

• Plus1 1

12 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Not only that, but certain people here have a difficult time comprehending that under Riley/Diaco, the DLs primary job was to eat blocks so LBs could make plays.  They did that by "squeezing" the pocket and keeping the QB contained within said pocket.  If they got pressure as a by-product of sqeezing and containing, then bonus but "getting pressure' wasn't their job in Diaco's scheme.

I believe it's also been talked about that Parrella was only really allowed to teach a bull rush - Diaco didn't want him working on any other moves.

With his endless brilliance, I don't know why people aren't questioning why Diaco hasn't landed a top DC position anywhere?  Maybe the XFL is hiring?

Edited by HS_Coach_C
  • Plus1 1
On 2/12/2018 at 10:10 AM, HS_Coach_C said:

I believe it's also been talked about that Parrella was only really allowed to teach a bull rush - Diaco didn't want him working on any other moves.

With his endless brilliance, I don't know why people aren't questioning why Diaco hasn't landed a top DC position anywhere?  Maybe the XFL is hiring?

My personal favorite was his mandating that CBs play 10 yards off the line of scrimmage and conceding 5-7 yards on almost every play.  A close second would be the defensive philosophy of, "We'll just play soft and hope the offense makes a mistake."  :blink: 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Making Chimichangas said:

My personal favorite was his mandating that CBs play 10 yards off the line of scrimmage and conceding 5-7 yards on almost every play.  A close second would be the defensive philosophy of, "We'll just play soft and hope the offense makes a mistake."  :blink: 

When they only needed 4 yards for the 1st down.........  Diaco was a complete buffoon with his scheme.  Maybe he thought no way the OC throw the short route figuring they were thinking "no DC would be so stupid as to give up the easy throw.  It's gotta be a trap".  (SAID NO OC EVER)

I still can't believe our Diaco D was worse than Banker....

I think it's as simple as this: if Frost had an opening on the D-Line he would have looked at and potentially kept Parrella. As Frost has stated, his loyalty was to his current staff and offering them first, and they decided they wanted to come to DoNU to help Frost. 

Let's not overthink this. Parrella is a Husker, and he was regarded as a great coach prior to his arrival. I have no doubt he'll land a gig, and we may even see him back on the sidelines of DoNU down the road again.  

• Plus1 1