seaofred92

Nebrasketball Game #28- Maryland (Tuesday, February 13- 6pm BTN)

What will the game result be?  

22 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Maryland single digit win
    • Maryland double digit win

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/14/2018 at 12:12 AM

Maryland is talented and Turgeon is a pretty good coach.

Miles will have his hands full.

They might be 2-4 in there last 6 but they did have to play MSU/Purdue(road)/Indiana(road)/PSU(road).

Stop Kevin Huerter. Taller guard. I think Palmer and him will be a good matchup.

Stop Anthony Cowan- Leading scorer. Small guard. Leads team in points(not posts, like I accidentally wrote) and assists.

Both Cowan and Huerter play a lot of minutes(36.7/34.1).

Bruce Fernando is there freshman big. He did put up 20 against Purdue.

Edited by Minnesota_husker

53 minutes ago, Blackshirts007 said:

Nice.  Hummel is great to listen to.  

I thought Bahe did a nice job filling in Hummel is good but still getting his legs under him a bit.

We are always spoiled when Kugler is on the call. He is really good at what he does.

6 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Maryland is talented and Turgeon is a pretty good coach.

Miles will have his hands full.

They might be 2-4 in there last 6 but they did have to play MSU/Purdue(road)/Indiana(road)/PSU(road).

Stop Kevin Huerter. Taller guard. I think Palmer and him will be a good matchup.

Stop Anthony Cowan- Leading scorer. Small guard. Leads team in points(not posts, like I accidentally wrote) and assists.

Both Cowan and Huerter play a lot of minutes(36.7/34.1).

Bruce Fernando is there freshman big. He did put up 20 against Purdue.

Need to get Fernando in foul trouble their depth in the front court is very very thin.

Huerter is the man.  Please don’t leave him for a bad double team or over rotation.  

Nebraska Home & Away Records Since PBA opened in 2013:

Home:  Won 56/80 = 70%

2013-14:  15-1  (only loss was by 1 to Michigan)

2014-15:  10-6

2015-16:  10-8

2016-17:  8-8

2017-18:  13-1 (3 remaining) - (only loss was by 1 to Kansas)

Away/Neutral:  23/75 = 30.7%

2013-14:  4-12

2014-15:  3-12

2015-16:  6-10

2016-17:  4-11

2017-18:  6-7 (1 remaining)

I think it's safe to say Nebraska is much better at home, which is true for most teams, but this is a large gap.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-02-13/college-basketball-today-oklahoma-tries-find-its-groove-vs?utm_content=buffera142d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Maryland at Nebraska, 7 p.m., ET, Big Ten Network: Maryland has the goods to play anyone in the Big Ten tight and could steal a road win. But Nebraska is on a mission. The Huskers need every one of the final four games to make a statement that this team belongs in the field. All are winnable with a road game at Illinois and home games against the Terps, Indiana and Penn State.

That would give the Huskers a nine-game win streak heading into the Big Ten tournament. Nebraska could get a double-bye and not feel the pressure to get a win in New York. Get one, though, and that could clinch it. That’s a lot on the Huskers’ plate, but they are more than capable of winning out to squelch any questions about their resume.

And that is why it should be a mandatory sit any time Jordy picks up 2 fouls in the first.  He can’t help but collecting his third within seconds.

They have been playing so good as of late.  Hopefully halftime snaps them out of this funk.  To be down by two at half is a miracle the way they played.  

Edited by Big red surfers

About how I figured this game would play out.  Over rotation and bad double teams have led to too many easy baskets for the Terps.  Settling for 3s too early in the clock.  Wish Timmy would clear out for Copeland or Roby when Fernando is trying to cover them way outside.

First time they feed Fernando down low, Roby needs to go all Davison from Wisky and flop when he lowers that shoulder backing/barreling  him down.  Get a call and maybe he gets a little less aggressive going to the tim