Nebrasketball Game #28- Maryland (Tuesday, February 13- 6pm BTN)

What will the game result be?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Maryland single digit win
    • Maryland double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/14/2018 at 12:12 AM

Just now, Big Mike said:

I will never understand why Miles sat Palmer for a few minutes as he was red hot! He did the same earlier in the year with Copeland but earlier in the game. Last night it was crunch time and Miles sits him for a break. Guess what? Nebraska never scored another field goal. Luckily this team can win in spite of Miles.

I don't think Miles thought he was going to be out that long. IIRC, he took him out with about 4:48 left. I think Miles thought there would be a quicker whistle to get them the under-4 TV timeout but the TV timeout ended up not coming until 2:56. We survived, but I think Palmer would have been fine staying in

2 hours ago, Big Mike said:

I will never understand why Miles sat Palmer for a few minutes as he was red hot! He did the same earlier in the year with Copeland but earlier in the game. Last night it was crunch time and Miles sits him for a break. Guess what? Nebraska never scored another field goal. Luckily this team can win in spite of Miles.

He said in the little interview after the game with the BTN guy that it was a bad move.  He then said he was trying to get him in earlier.  

12 minutes ago, NUinID said:

He said in the little interview after the game with the BTN guy that it was a bad move.  He then said he was trying to get him in earlier.  

On his postgame radio interview he threw Kenya Hunter under the buss as the assistant who convinced him to give him a breather.

3 hours ago, Big Mike said:

He was in the game the last 3 minutes of that 5 minute field goal drought. Rewatch the game, they had plenty of decent looks during that drought, not much Miles can do about guys not knocking down shots.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

He was in the game the last 3 minutes of that 5 minute field goal drought. Rewatch the game, they had plenty of decent looks during that drought, not much Miles can do about guys not knocking down shots.

I understand that but also still question why sit him no matter how short Miles intended when he was hitting everything he tossed up? I'm sure Maryland enjoyed it.

1 hour ago, Big Mike said:

I understand that but also still question why sit him no matter how short Miles intended when he was hitting everything he tossed up? I'm sure Maryland enjoyed it.

He wanted his best player to have fresh legs at the end of the game. The lead meant we could afford to do so, and like it was previously stated, our guys had open shots we just weren't hitting them.